Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Experienced fluid dynamics analyst who plays a key role in developing our new generation engines!
For the CAE-Engines group we are looking for a Structural Analyst FEM. As Engine Structural Analyst, you support the engine design groups in the field of component durability. Your input is an important part in the continuous improvement of our new generations of PACCAR engines.
- Predicting and analysing engine component and system fluid behaviour;
- Predicting component temperatures using fluid boundary conditions;
- Verification and optimization of concept designs using advanced simulation tools;
- You work in close cooperation with both construction and testing engineers.
Within PACCAR Inc., DAF Trucks Global Engine Development is the centre of competence for engine and after treatment development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with the highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers. The CAE & Systems group within DAF Trucks Global Engine Development is responsible for engine development related simulation methods. The CAE & Systems group gives computational simulation support to the other engine groups in the fields of Strength, Vibration, Flow and Functionality of components.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Master degree in Engineering or Physics;
- Experience with fluid dynamics analysis, preferably in a product design environment;
- Knowledge of Star CCM+ or AVL Fire is an advantage;
- English level B2 or higher is required;
- You are proactive and enthusiastic and have strong communication skills;
- Technical know-how and the ability to get to the core of issues efficiently and pragmatically are the keys to success in this position.