Secondment with contracting
Energy, Gas, Water, Engineering
About this vacancy
In a rapidly growing renewable market, continuing to meet and exceed customers’ needs whilst navigating growth is the most important challenge for the value stream diaphragm & Periflow compressors and the Team Leader Sales (TLS) role is instrumental in this. The TLS exhibits a strong commercial drive with a view on implications of the sales team processes and deliverables on the entire organization. Develops and leads the commercial and technical team to ensure the day-to-day processes meet customer expectations and deliver the budgeted bookings whilst remaining on track on our strategic growth path through process improvements, anticipating and acting upon external market trends and customer needs, participating in and leading improvement initiatives and driving continued culture change in the sales team and beyond. The TLS establishes effective relations and processes with the Howden regional sales teams and uses this as scalable means to deliver Howdens growth objectives in the renewable hydrogen and PCOG segments.
- Deliver 2022AOP and 2023 AOP bookings by understanding customer demand, steering team to optimize added value in proposals and align customer demand with engineering and production capacity
- Deliver 2022AOP and 2023 AOP bookship margins by ensuring continuous alignment between execution (supply chain, production and engineering) and budget
- Build out cooperation model and processes with regions. Change from frontline sales to solutions sales model, build scalability through regional cooperation and implement operational processes to make this sustainable
- Improve internal sales and proposal generation processes, including but not limited to bid preparation, cost estimation and proposal generation
- Contribute to Scaling Up strategic initiative – drive change in sales and wider internal processes to optimize added value, lead CTO transition initiative
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in. Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
What will you get in return?
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute and get the chance to plays a key role in generating business by selling our knowledge and expertise, meet customers and celebrate successes in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position, combined with an extensive package of fringe benefits.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering and/or (Technical) Business Administration, the latter with a proven interest in mechanical and process engineering
- High degree of Commercial Knowledge
- Ability to understand and develop a working knowledge of rotating equipment in process applications
- Commercial contract management
- Compressor Knowledge (desirable)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales in project businesses, configured products or similar high-value solutions, ideally with experience of working in matrix organizations
- Proven experience in negotiating and commercial contract management of contract in value between 0.5-5.0 MEUR
- Proven experience in presenting to internal and external audiences, rallying and motiving people
- Experience or proven capability in people leadership – coaching employees, building development plans, defining objectives and assessing performance
- Mobility & Travel Requirements
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Living in or willing to relocate to The Netherlands