Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Do you want to be involved in coaching, developing and training the Engineers?
We are looking for someone who excels in developing high-performing teams and who enjoys coaching and training our junior Naval Architects. You work together with the Principal Engineer of Computational Methods, Principal Naval Architect and colleagues from the other disciplines to improve the department and the organization in general. As a Team Lead you lead a pool of Marine Engineers (Junior Naval Architects) of 10 FTE, this is a mix of M/F, Dutch + internationals between 25 and 35 years old. You ensure that their intended goals and results are achieved and exceeded with pleasure.
In this position, you are accountable to the Engineering Manager of your discipline, and you are also his right hand in organizing the department. You are someone who is social, involved and open. You enjoy teaching and helping others to perform better. Furthermore, you are also able to effectively deploy and develop the existing knowledge and skills of your pool. You are therefore responsible for coaching, developing and training the Engineers of your department. And you also take care of the capacity planning for them. With your leadership qualities and exemplary behavior, you enthuse your people, and you ensure a good atmosphere in the department. You enable them to successfully carry out their work and tasks, but also to grow and excel professionally and personally. In addition, you identify a need for training in the field of processes, tools and knowledge, which you then initiate or provide yourself. You also encourage collaboration within the department and with other disciplines.
As a Team Lead, you ensure clear communication of the goals, results and expectations so that your employees can function properly. You are able to provide targeted feedback and ensure that agreements are met. You hold people accountable and know how to convert undesirable behavior into improvement initiatives. In collaboration with your manager, you contribute to the further development of the Naval Architecture discipline as a whole. In this way, you determine what the R&D agenda and development topics are, and you keep an eye on the progress of ongoing improvement initiatives.
This technical office for naval architecture and engineering is the creative center of the organization.
- Salary from €4,600 to €6,500 gross per month
- a non-contributory pension
- 25 vacation days + 13 ADV days per year on a full-time basis
- Classification based on experience and employability
- Minimum bachelor work and thinking level, a technical education can be an advantage (such as naval architecture) but is not a requirement
- At least 5 years of managerial work experience in a project- or matrix-driven organization (preferably technical)
- Able to understand the basics of what your team does technically in relation to the rest of the organization and the entire process from start to delivery of the mega yachts
- Coaching leadership style: inspires, motivates and stimulates
- Team Lead who is Communicative, representative and with integrity
- Someone who likes to work together and inspires confidence and enthusiasm
- Excellent command of the Dutch or English language