Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
Howden Thomassen Compressors is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years and we are now looking for a Product Sales Manager who will join our Sales Aftermarket team and will support in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The Product Sales Manager plays a key role in generating business by selling our knowledge and expertise in Europe.
What needs to be done?
- Keep a close eye on the market and customers in order to steer new developments and to develop the potential of this market
- Developing sales strategy based on gathered information and existing knowledge of the customer and market
- Define and leads "bid strategies" for the acquisition of strategic projects
- Create and manage relationships with strategic customers, regional sales offices and /or partners in their area
- Receive request documents from customer, contractors, agents and analyzes these data on commercial, technical and legal opportunities and /or risks
- Lead the sales route for strategic projects
- Seek a multidisciplinary team, and is part of it, which provides the most competitive quotation and maintains contacts with all parties involved
- Accompanies the negotiations with the key suppliers
- Compute a cost price calculation and remains in contact with the stakeholders
- Monitor the customer's interest and maintains the relationship
- Ensure the transfer of all data and documents to the Project Team when the order is received
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in. Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
What will you get in return?
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute and get the chance to plays a key role in generating business by selling our knowledge and expertise, meet customers and celebrate successes in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position, combined with an extensive package of fringe benefits.
What do you need to bring?
- A Bachelor degree in Technical Management, Commercial Management or similar
- Several years of commercial experience in a technical B to B environment, preferably in the Oil & Gas Industry
- A passion for seeking business opportunities and getting sales results
- Analytic, organized, structured and ability to cope with stress
- Good financial business acumen
- Good organizational and reporting skills
- Flexible attitude and a creative practical approach
- Self-starter and a Team player
- Fluency in English