Secondment via YER
Engineering, High Tech
About this vacancy
Are you experienced in defining functional specifications? Are you eager to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that you can bring forward and that will inspire others? Then the ASML Metrology Measure department is your ideal environment for the next step in your personal development and professional growth.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Metrology Measure orchestrates in-line wafer deformation measurements to model deformation in X,Y (alignment ) and Z (leveling) . The leveling group develops scanner solutions as well as set-up applications for the customers that help them to get most out of our products for their specific semiconductor product developments.
To contribute to the development of products by designing, creating, integrating and testing solutions to improve the Leveling functionality, within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations. Responsibilities of a (Senior) Designer in the Leveling group:
- Participate in the definition of system level specification of the Leveling function, like functionality, performance, cycle time and reliability.
- Set-up and perform feasibility studies into required improvements, by means of experiments, simulation and analysis of existing (customer) data.
- Design the functional specifications and required algorithms.
- Support the realization by giving input supporting specialist software designers in the project team.
- Integrate and test the function against the specification.
- Troubleshoot on issues within our factory or at customer sites.
- Support sustaining activities.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to join as Engineering Professional and to combine challenging assignments with extensive application and career guidance. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary according to the standards of our clients.
- 25 holidays per year and the option to buy more holidays.
- A temporary or permanent contract with YER.
- The possibility to join (y)our client directly after one year.
- Travel expense reimbursement.
- Good pension scheme according to STIPP.
- Every hour of overtime will be compensated.
- Open and transparent communication with your personal consultant.
- Free Dutch classes.
- Personal career coaching from our occupational psychologists.
- Broad technical and softs skills training opportunities.
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
- Master’s or PhD in Physics or Applied Mathematics or related fields.
- 3 to 5 years work experience and knowledge of functional specification and integration (data analysis - preferably with Matlab, modelling, defining functional specifications) is a prerequisite. You are experienced with design of algorithms and functional models. Senior candidates with a few years of relevant industrial experience are most preferred.
- Team worker and excellent communicator
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Solution minded and able to see and develop the bigger picture.
- Decisive and self-initiating.
- Result focused and a “can do” spirit.
- Ability to influence without power.