Research & Development
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
The R&D Group Leader is responsible for all project-related activities, from onboarding to pilot-plant manufacturing, including chemical, analytical, and solid-state development; safety assessments; control strategies; and documentation. In addition to scientific knowledge, the function also comprises communication to other departments involved in the project, such as project management, production, EH&S, and QA. Furthermore, the R&D Group Leader is the first point of contact for clients concerning project-related matters.
Position in organization
The R&D Group Leader reports to the Head of Development.
- Together with the Analytical Project Leader and the Project Manager, the R&D Group Leader forms the core team of the consigned projects.
- The R&D Group Leader is the direct line manager of the team members (depending on experience, up to 10–15 direct reports).
Key Job Responsibilities Projects
- Is responsible for allocating resources to a project and ensuring progress.
- Takes care of execution and supervision of the required process R&D, control strategy, and production batches.
- Is responsible for the scientific content of projects, including daily guidance of the R&D team and production support in case of nonconformities.
- Is responsible for all communication of scientific data to the customer (e.g., written updates, telecons, reports).
- Ensures that the required documentation (R&D reports, production reports, batch records, deviations, change control, etc.) is generated and reviewed, according to planning.
- Is responsible for process transfer to the customer and support activities. Support
- Advises the Head of Development, i.e. regarding the selection of project members.
- Gives input for the evaluation of project inquiries pertaining to content, feasibility, planning, and required resources.
- If required, generates (or assists in generating) project proposals.
MercachemSyncom is one of the leading chemistry CROs in Europe. With over 450 highly trained and dedicated employees, MercachemSyncom provides a range of services to support small-molecule drug discovery and development projects for biopharmaceutical companies in the USA, Europe, and Japan. Our key areas of expertise are synthetic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, parallel chemistry, and process R&D.
Our Weert facilities started back in 1999 and are specialized in process development and first scale-up to multikilogram scale of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients intended for preclinical and early-phase clinical trials.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. YER is preferred supplier. You will be employed by YER and seconded to the company.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- Academic education in chemistry or similar. Preferably holds a PhD.
- Preferably (over) 5 years’ experience in a chemical-pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience with project management, process chemistry, and EHS guidelines.
- Preferably hands-on experience of working within a regulated (GMP) environment.
- Capable of leading (small) project teams. Job offer An exciting position in a dynamic organization with an attractive remuneration package and opportunities for learning and development.