Excellent remuneration package
Sales, Marketing & Communication, Engineering
Full time/Part time
Type of contract
Contract with Client
"A great Product Manager has the brain of an engineer, the heart of a designer and the speech of a diplomat!"
About the job
The Product Manager is a key member of organization and reports directly to the Director Product Management & Innovation. He/she is responsible for ensuring achievement of revenue objectives for the product line Reciprocating Compressors. Leads marketing, product planning and design to ensure the product is differentiated from competitors. Owns the product throughout all stages of the life cycle (conception, definition, development, launch and post-launch activities). Plays a prominent role in the push and pull strategy and actively supports sales in achieving its targets.
As a hands-on Product Manager you challenge your counterparts at product development and other stakeholders to define and develop product features and functionalities. You are able to translate this into business opportunities and contribute to the execution of the plans (USP’s, marketing programs, etc.), fuelling and strengthening the business of (potential) customers. As a product specialist, you define and deploy (market) value propositions, toolkits and marketing and training programs.
1) Summary of the position:
- Lead the Reciprocating Compressor product line roadmap:
- Drive global growth and profitability of the product line by supporting and coordinating activities of Howden business units related to the product line
- Develop product application knowledge and expertise through interactions with customers and Howden stakeholders, and ensure this product application knowledge is made accessible to Howden
2) Strategic deliverables:
- 3 year Product Roadmap planning the Product Development & Improvement projects and product localization initiatives, based on market intelligence, Voice of Customers and Howden strategy
- Overall plan and action plan to support the growth of the product line in all Regions, established jointly with Regional leaders
3) Other objectives:
- Competitive positioning analysis for the product line
- Gather and prioritize needs for product improvements and developments across HCR and Howden
Contributes to make documentation and in some cases deliver the seminars, facilitating workshops, producing content, delivering trainings, defining and writing business cases
Jointly with Finance department refresh the analysis on profitability of the product line and present to HCR management
4) Internal stakeholders:
- Product Experts and R&D engineers
- Sales & Proposals (Global)
- Aftermarket teams (Global)
- Marketing specialists/Strategic Analysts
- HCR Senior Management team
About the company
Howden is a world-class engineering company with a proud heritage and a desire to be the world’s leading application engineering company. Howden designs, engineers and supplies air and gas handling equipment worldwide. Howden Group has approximately 5.000 employees and is owned by Colfax Corporation that also owns ESAB. Colfax is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and has 16.000 employees throughout the world.
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for their clients for the past 100 years.
HCR offers an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization. As they consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, they offer opportunities for personal and professional development. HCR offers a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and that is supplemented by an extensive package of fringe benefits.
- Bachelor/Academic Engineer degree or similar: required to understand the customer applications and HCR product specifics
- Knowledge/experience on compressors (understand how it is designed, how it is manufactured, how it is installed and operated)
- Processes: being able to understand customer needs, i.e. how the Product performance impact customers activities, processes and profitability
- Interaction/frequent communication with customers
- Language capabilities: English
- Business/marketing: desired to understand market segmentation and dynamics and being able to look for and analyse data
- Interaction with/contribution to Product Development processes
- Value Selling & Need analysis
- Market analyses: using such analyses to guide business decision; at best contributing/making such analyses
- Finance/business acumen: enough to understand product profitability, product costs/cost structure, pricing strategies
- Approx. 1 per month to visit Regions (Howden offices) for training & discussion on Product Development, attend to some conferences or exhibitions, meet some customer for Needs Analysis or assistance to Sales, Internal Howden meetings