max. € 90.000/year
Project & Program Management
Full time/Part time
Type of contract
Secondment via YER
For a dynamic and fast-growing company, in one of the most technically advance automated material handling services environments, we are looking for a Service Transition Manager. The main goal is to ensure a smooth transition from a new Material Handling project to a steady-state operational Material Handling system and to be operational ready at the customer site. Ultimately creating a positive customer experience and customer value.
About the job
Within our client, the Customer Centre Warehousing and Parcel International is active throughout the world, you are part of the Service Operations organization, an internationally operating service organization for their customers. Service Operations consists of more than 300 employees who work together to make sure systems are available around the clock for their customers to use. Separate from the traditional service delivery, they are also dedicated to developing their selves as a business partner for their customers.
As a Service Transition Manager, you manage the process and change of ownership towards a complex Automated Material Handling System. You have a strong focus on the operational readiness within their segment and are responsible for management of the transition phase and the set-up of complex service contracts at sites around the world. You manage on Solution-, Service- and Customer-readiness and mitigation of transition risks.
Your main tasks will be:
- General management of the transition project (Solution-, Service-, Customer- readiness) including personnel, operations, maintenance, quality, health and safety, finance and contract variations;
- Consult, assess and takeover of the service contract which are sold by the Service Account Manager:
- Manage the service contract to ensure contract execution based on the agreed performance until steady-state operations, and hand-over of the service contract to the Service Manager;
- Responsible for the recruitment and set up of the site based teams at the customer’s location varying from 50 FTE to 180 FTE in a short period (1 to 9 months);
- Profit & loss and contract management during the transition phase;
- Contact person towards the customer(s) for all issues during transition phase;
- Development and further professionalization of the setup of site based service team(s);
- The above is in close cooperation with the Project Manager and Service Manager.
About the company
Our client is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, they believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
You will start on the payroll of YER for one year. During this period, we will offer the same combination of salary and secondary conditions as if you would get a client-contract right away. After this period, you will get a contract of our client.
As a successful Service Transition Manager, you develop long-term customer relationships and networks. To achieve this goal, you have a drive for continuous improvement and are pro-active in your approach. Besides that, you are commercial minded and possess project management skills.
- Bachelor/Master degree in a mechanical or electrical area or similar;
- You have relevant project management experience (at least 3 years) within an international environment;
- You have outstanding planning, scheduling and coordination skills;
- You have a strong customer focus and you understand their business;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in the English language;
- Willing to travel worldwide intensively (travel up to 40%).