Human Resource & Recruitment
Full time/Part time
Type of contract
Contract with client
The HR Manager is responsible for the provision of professional, timely and proactive HR services in Belgium whilst being a part of both the France, Belgium & NL HR team and the wider HR team in EMEA. Working closely with the Belgium leadership team as well as managers on all sites within Belgium, the role is responsible for the full spectrum of HR generalist from recruitment, employment, employee relationship, compensation and benefits to employee development and training. In addition, there may be wider project responsibilities across EMEA as the opportunity arises.
About the job
- Align with global HR guidelines and implement all HR projects pertaining to both Global and EMEA HR strategies whilst ensuring local compliance
- Proactively work with business to develop a business partnering culture and improve the overall talent position in Belgium including talent attraction and development whilst ensuring appropriate talent retention schemes are developed as required. For all these, close collaboration with central EMEA leads will be required
- Provide local market insight and trends (including C&B) to business development; support company annual base pay review and variable pay review processes
- Own the HR guidelines, procedures and standards and partner with leaders and managers on any employee relation issues;
- Actively embed the Univar Solutions values and culture
- Ensure all local HR policies are up to date and aligned to EMEA policies
- Take the lead on all local Works Council meetings
- Take the lead or coordination of HR related projects
About the company
Why Univar Solutions
Univar Solutions is a global specialty chemical, ingredient, and solutions provider representing a premier line card from the world's leading producers.
Today's customers and suppliers need more from their chemical and ingredients distributor. To innovate and grow, they need an ally—a collaborative expert who can help save time and effort from their processes, formulate breakthrough products, optimize their logistics, and improve safety and sustainability.
- Executional excellence keeps you steps ahead
- Unmatched expertise to drive solutions
- Advanced platforms for smarter supplying, simpler sourcing
- More choice and value-added services to help you innovate and grow
- Master degree or equivalent
- 4-7 years of experience on the level of HR business partner or equivalent
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English
- Strong HRM experience gained in similar industries with exposure to works councils negotiations
- Change management experience & skills
- Strong ability to build business partnering relationships
- Experience in a matrix and complex environment
- Strong team player
- Strong analytical capability and critical thinking skills
- Capable of being both strategic and detailed with a willingness to work operationally
- Open to challenge with both a willingness and capability to learn and embrace change.
- Strives for continuous improvement in terms of business result and HR delivery
Key Competencies and Behaviours
- Identifies goals, carries out activities and works focused to achieve the desired results. Sets challenging targets for her/his own work. Maintains focus on the target even when difficulties arise on the way.
- Plans, organizes and prioritizes her/his work effectively. Builds structures that others can work from. Sets up reasonable deadlines and keeps them.
- Works well with other people, acts sensitively and attentively to the views of others, skills and accomplishments of others. Identifies and develops relationships in the group.
- Takes the initiative and comes up with new proposals for ways of working. Starts activities toward a desired result. Arguments and explains why the activities is to be carried out