Excellent in line with magic circle firms.
Legal & Tax
Full time/Part time
Capelle aan den IJssel
Type of contract
Contract with client
Due to growth of the M&A business globally, AIG is looking for an experienced and ambitious lawyer with commercial skills, to become a (Senior) Underwriter M&A. You will be based in the Netherlands and be part of the global M&A team. You will be working in an environment where knowledge is cultivated, innovation is encouraged, and achievement is rewarded. AIG is a truly global company that considers diversity to be a business imperative.
About the job
AIG’s M&A products and services provide cutting edge solutions for M&A deals, offering a full spectrum of individually tailored insurance programs for both buyers and sellers in relation to risks inherent in major corporate transactions. Due to a significant growth in deal activity and profitability of the M&A business globally, both in private equity and corporate sectors, AIG is pleased to be recruiting for a Senior Underwriter M&A. He/she will join its high-performing global team based in the Netherlands that belongs to a team of 30 people based in Brussels, Frankfurt and Stockholm consisting of M&A lawyers from Magic Circle firms and Investment Bankers. You will get the opportunity to travel frequently to Belgium, Denmark and Germany in order to intensify the cooperation between you and the rest of your M&A colleagues.
We are pleased to be recruiting for a (Senior) Underwriter M&A to join their high-performing global team. You will undertake a process of legal and commercial risk analysis relating to M&A transactions, with a view to providing clients with a bespoke insurance solution that allows them to meet their transaction management objectives. Your activities will be focused on underwriting risks identified in corporate transactions across all sizes and sectors of business, and all jurisdictions (with Netherlands being a focus) carrying out detailed risk assessment and analysis, developing and marketing new business, assisting with product development and developing new and existing broker and client relationships.
- Underwriting of European corporate transaction risks with focus on Benelux (warranties and indemnities, taxation liability, litigation buyout and special situation contingent risks)
- Independent processing of enquiries regarding policies.
- Building successful relationships with M&A production and distribution sources with a focus on brokers, law firms, investment banks, tax advisers and accountants, and private equity funds.
- Regularly attend and present at external client meetings, commercial and legal seminars with a view to building relationships.
- Advising colleague M&A underwriters on risks relating to W&I transactions.
- Frequently travelling to other AIG offices in Belgium, Germany and/or Denmark.
- Positioning of AIG products in the market through presentations, articles, events, etc.
About the company
AIG is the leading international insurance organization with operations in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through the most extensive worldwide property-casualty and life insurance networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of retirement services, financial services and asset management around the world.
You will be working at an industry leader and get global visibility. AIG will offer you opportunities, training and support to take your career to the next level. You will be offered an excellent package including, lease car, yearly bonus, pension and insurance package.
- University degree in law or economics with a focus on corporate law or tax law
- Several years of professional experience in an international commercial law firm (tax or corporate)
- Qualification as a lawyer
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in Dutch and English (French is a nice to have)