Contract with Client
Food, Feed, Pharma
Are you an experienced Controller in search of a business partner role with a broad range of responsibilities, being part of an entrepreneurial listed e-commerce company? Does it energize you to provide valuable insights for a data-driven organisation, impacting the business positively by providing financially driven advice and state-of-the-art reporting? Then this vacancy will be of interest to you!
About the job
In this position, you are the financial business partner of the Human Resources department. This department drives Shop Apotheke's people strategy, focusing on international growth. The HR Directors have a clear ambition to operate data-driven, giving you the opportunity to assist them in achieving this target.
You take the lead in all HR controlling activities, including preparing and analyzing people-related performance indicators. You are responsible for the company-wide FTE and labour cost planning process and advise and support the HR department with several (strategic) business cases. Additionally, you structure and improve data within HR systems, continuously improving the value of provided insights that you use for advice, which benefits organizational objectives and strategy.
You will become part of the cluster cost & capex of the controlling department. In addition to your HR-related tasks, you advise and support other senior managers within the organisation, providing insights, supporting them in their planning, and driving cost savings initiatives. You prepare analyses, drive organizational development, and present data to senior leadership teams and Executive Management.
As Senior Controller you are responsible for the following tasks and activities:
- Acting as a financial business partner for the HRM team and department
- Taking ownership of monthly people reporting and analyses by preparing data for management dashboards, and recommending improvement based on gathered insights
- Supporting the heart of the business, the logistic team, on resource development (e.g., externals vs. internals, sickness, attrition), comparing actual numbers to forecasts
- Leading the planning and control process for all people-related costs and KPIs
- Analyzing/monitoring data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, diversity, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations, and to help understand root causes and trends
- Acting as point of contact to the senior management team and CEO concerning all personnel expenses and personnel budget-related matters
- Supporting various cost-controlling activities, and providing finance business support for other departments
- Implementing and advancing projects related to controlling and FP&A tools, such as developing and automate the management dashboard
About the company
Shop Apotheke Europe is the pioneer in the online pharmacy market, with over € 1.2 billion sales and more than 2,000 FTE. Growth is driven by both the switch from many customers to online retailing and by the continuously increasing demand for prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as pharmacy-related beauty and care products.
Shop Apotheke is the leading and biggest online pharmacy in Europe and is active in seven countries. They ensure that millions of people can rely on the timely delivery of pharmaceutical supplies, improving health and lives.
At Shop Apotheke, you get the opportunity to actively contribute to the growth of an internationally oriented and fast-growing company (similar to a start-up culture). You are part of an ambitious and passionate environment and have an important role within the finance department.
Additionally, they offer the right candidate the following terms of employment:
- Competitive remuneration
- Long-term prospects and excellent development opportunities
- A position in a dynamic and team-oriented working atmosphere
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths
- A lot of creative freedom and a high degree of personal responsibility
- For candidates living in Germany, support for cross-border commuters
The right candidate for this position possesses a structured work ethic, strong analytical skills, and the willingness and abilities needed to drive change.
Furthermore, the ideal person for the job fits the following profile:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Finance (Controlling/Accounting) or Business Administration
- 4 to 7 years of relevant working experience in a Controlling/Financial Analyst position within an international working environment
- Love for data and the ability to manage data effectively through extensive MS Office skills and experience with PowerBI, PowerQuery, and PowerPivot
- You can work independently in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and multitask efficiently
- Fluency in English. Dutch and/or German skills are a plus
Are you the data-oriented financial expert capable of ensuring Shop Apotheke meets its valuable human resources insights? Apply now!