Contract with Client
Do you want to work at a leading global private equity investor that’s part of one of the world’s largest investment firms? Are you motivated to constantly strengthen reporting, financial planning and analysis? In that case, this is the position you’ve always been looking for. Diverse, and with close working relationships within and outside your team.
About the job
You will be responsible for the financial reporting processes and SOX compliance, quarterly auditing review, budget and forecast preparation of AlpInvest Partners B.V. and its subsidiaries/affiliates. Together with the reporting analyst, you will constantly strengthen the reporting, financial planning and analysis area. Also, you will work closely with the GL accounting/controlling team and build strong working relationships with other teams. Furthermore, you will lead or participate in different improvement projects within the Financial Accounting team and projects with a broader organizational reach. You'll share your knowledge within the organisation by training staff in reporting.
About the company
AlpInvest is part of The Carlyle Group ((NASDAQ: CG) – one of world's largest investment firms, with a focus on global private equity, global credit and global investment solutions. It's a leading global private equity investor with over $65 billion of assets under management as per December 31, 2021. Approximately 75% of these funds are invested in private equity funds globally, including secondary transactions. The remainder is invested directly in companies as a co-investor (equity and mezzanine) in Europe, North America and non-traditional markets. The company has approximately 195 employees, based primarily in Amsterdam, New York and Hong Kong. The Financial Accounting team (8 fte)is responsible for the consolidated financial accounting and reporting of AlpInvest Partners BV and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies. It's split in the sub-teams GL Accounting/Controlling and Reporting/Financial Planning & Analysis.
- A fixed salary of €75,000, with a bonus component
- Non-contributory pension
- 25 days of leave + an extra week in summer
- Hybrid working – at least 2 days at the office, the rest of the time is flexible
You are self-motivated and able to take ownership and work independently in a structured way. Your analytical and conceptual skills are strong, with attention to detail. Furthermore, you bring:
- A master’s degree in accounting or finance professional experience; A minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience in accounting/reporting, with a focus on system usage and development;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team;
- Experience in successfully managing multiple responsibilities under deadlines and demonstrated project management skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- A strong level in English written and oral (communication) skills;
- A high level of skill in Microsoft Office, the use of ERP systems and particularly in building reports.