Facility & Real Estate
Contract with Client
Are you an ambitious project manager with good leadership skills, and a hands-on team player mentality? Do you have experience in complex construction projects and are you eager to take on great responsibilities? Then this vacancy will suit you perfectly!
For Aedes, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager for the new Amstel 111 project in Amsterdam. This project entails the development of a hotel in the highest segment on a prime location in the city centre of Amsterdam.
About the job
As a Senior Project Manager at Aedes, you are responsible for the Execution discipline within the development team. The other discipline, Design, is represented by a developer who is responsible for the total development and is leading during the design phase up to and including permits. During the realization phase, the Senior Project Manager is leading. The focus for the developer is therefore at the beginning and that of the project manager at the middle to the end of the project. Both remain involved throughout the entire process. Good and effective collaboration between Design and Execution is therefore of the utmost importance. The Senior Project Manager for the Amstel 111 project is responsible for providing technical input during the design process up to monitoring quality, costs and planning during the realization phase.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Supervise the creation of contract and specifications for the building and interior
- Request, tender and supervise the pricing of the various construction partners
- Negotiate contracts and work on team building with construction partners
- Lead the implementation team in the role of client
- Manage process and planning as well as the costs and budget of the implementation
Want to read more about the project Amstel 111? Click here
About the company
On the surface, Aedes is a property investor and hospitality company. However, Aedes is more than that. Aedes exists to create places with heart and soul that have a positive impact. Aedes strives to perfect the art of hospitality for everyone. Every single day. Aedes creates places that are timeless and conscious. This drives every Aedes Place and guides all decisions. The highest quality and the greatest attention to detail help create places that tell stories and where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves.
From Burgerziekenhuis, a former hospital turned into ‘The Manor’ hotel, to the Bungehuis, a striking 1930s trading office that now hosts Soho House Amsterdam, the expansive portfolio creates a tangible link between past and present. It gives each building new meaning and substance. Aedes are more than property investors. Aedes are historians, curators, and storytellers. And now, hoteliers too.
Aedes offers a competitive salary with unlimited vacation days. You can expect a steep learning curve on high-profile projects. Aedes has a fun working atmosphere, fabulous team outings, and a healthy fresh lunch.
You in a nutshell:
- Are an ambitious project manager who is not afraid of complex projects
- Have excellent leadership skills and enjoy working in a team
- Have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant structural engineering study (construction, civil engineering, mechanical engineering)
- Are hands-on and have practical experience in managing complex construction projects.
- Have basic legal knowledge (contract law, building decree, etc.)
- Are structured and have a strong attention to detail
- Like to think outside the box and bring new ideas to the table
- Hold sustainability and hospitality close to your heart
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Dutch