Contract with Client
ONE-Dyas has the ambition to reduce the carbon footprint of its operated oil and gas assets to near-zero in 2030 and of its entire portfolio to near-zero in 2035. Do you feel challenged to take on this ambitious goal? In this new role within ONE-Dyas, you will have the freedom and flexibility to develop the exact scope and execution of the ESG strategy. We are looking for a creative, pragmatic, ambitious and enthusiastic ESG-Lead to help ONE-Dyas achieve this.
About the job
The ESG-Lead is the driving force behind ONE-Dyas’ ESG strategy. ONE-Dyas is currently developing their CCS strategy, and you will be instrumental to develop and progress it alongside potential other energy transition initiatives that suit ONE-Dyas. As the coordinator of the ESG team, you will have affinity with commercial, technical and strategic aspects of the Energy Transition and you will work closely with the technical, commercial, legal, operational and finance staff. Your commitment, experience and network will help you to understand the key drivers, identify opportunities and overcome challenges. You will drive the development of plans and measures to help ONE-Dyas to build and maintain a high quality, low carbon intensity oil and gas portfolio, supported by CCS and other Energy Transition opportunities. Experience in Energy Transition projects and/or CCS is a strong advantage. ONE-Dyas is a flat organization, and you will engage with stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally. At first, you will not have any direct reports, but you will rely on your engagement skills to inspire a dedicated multidisciplinary team of (senior) professionals. You will report to the Technical Director.
- Develop & Implement the ONE-Dyas’ CCS strategy and Energy Transition roadmaps by building a team from resources within and outside the organization
- Periodically calibrating the ONE-Dyas ESG strategy, coordinating and driving the ESG strategy implementation and advancing the dialogue on ESG matters
- Build up knowledge on CCS within the organization on all aspects; a.o. technical, organizational, commercial, political, legal, financial
- Engage with the broader ESG and CC(U)S network in the North Sea to connect with all players in the value chain
- Understand and jointly build the business case for new GHG reduction and CCS projects and present these to the Management Team and Shareholders
- Identify, mature and propose acquisition and collaboration opportunities, together with the technical and commercial teams
- Advise and assist the financial department on funding, including subsidies
- Opportunity to be the main CCS negotiator and marketeer in engagements with parties throughout the whole value chain from emitters to transporters to storage companies
About the company
ONE-Dyas the largest privately owned exploration and production (E&P) operating company in the Netherlands. Headquartered in Amsterdam and with 120 employees, ONE-Dyas has a strong focus on the North Sea as its core area of operations. Due to the recent developments in the world, local production of oil & gas has become high in demand as the Dutch market demand highly exceeds its current production level. At the same time, ONE-Dyas has the ambition to reduce the carbon footprint of its operated oil and gas assets to near-zero in 2030 and of its entire portfolio to near-zero in 2035. Key focus is on Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of its activities, and it aims to reduce these through improved monitoring and reporting, implementing efficiency measures, electrification of assets, and offsetting the remainder of the emissions within and outside the portfolio, potentially by means of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS).
ONE-Dyas is offering a new and responsible position, in which you can develop and execute the ESG strategy. You can make an immense impact in the transition of this classic oil & gas company. ONE-Days is a flat organization with short lines of communication. You will be rewarded with a compatible salary topped with a good bonus plan and an 8% holiday allowance. A pension plan is part of the total rewards amongst other interesting benefits like a contribution for your gym subscription and collective insurances.
The ESG Lead is a self-starter with broad commercial awareness and an entrepreneurial attitude. You have well-developed communication skills, are effective in engaging with staff and management as well as with external stakeholders. Also, you possess a willingness to drive change and have a creative ‘out-of-the-box’ mindset.
- Relevant Master degree (e.g. finance/business economics and/or engineering/technical)
- 10+ years of experience in a similar position or as a Project Manager, preferred within CCS/E&P/Renewables or similar project business
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and team-player qualities to empower the organization
- Technically and analytically sound with business acumen
- Experience in complex stakeholder management
- Experience in contractual negotiations and subsidy landscape
- Good understanding of the energy business and CC(U)S value chain and current legislation
- Good understanding of asset emission performance
- A wide relationship network within the industry and government is considered a strong advantage
- Demonstration of eligibility to work and live in the Netherlands
- Language: English required, knowledge of Dutch is an advantage