Contract with Client
Logistics & Transportation
The Station Manager will be responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and controlling the organisation, in all financial, operational and managerial aspects.
About the job
The main goals will be to achieve operating budget, to improve efficiency, productivity and quality, to accomplish long term planning objectives, while maintaining a close and excellent commercial relationship with his key customers and constantly exploring new opportunities. As a people manager, they will establish excellent relationships with the workforce and the union representatives and will be responsible for the quality of the services, with respect for safety- and security-procedures.
Possible indicators to define the “weight” of the station are:
- Number of flights
- Turnover / Ebitda
- Variety of services offered
- Location and Competitive Environment
Organisation of operations
- Plan, organise, co-ordinate and control the operations within the station in order to deliver the required services to the customer in due time, in the most efficient way and in line with the SLA’s
- Manage systematic improvement of processes in order to increase quality and reduce costs
- Implementation + follow-up of Change-plans, supporting the strategic and budget objectives.
- Ensure outstanding working relations with airport management and services
- Implement, control and follow-up of safety- and security-procedures
- The downloading of flight schedules and matching and maximising them to labour and GSE on a monthly basis, with weekly reviews.
- Be proficient in overseeing and maximising rostering reports and balancing these against local requirements and objectives.
- Participating in weekly operations conference calls where weekly key measures are reported and discussed.
- Performance indicators : Productivity, Warehouse occupation, On time performance,
- Ensure a continuous high level of service to existing customers.
- Establish measurable key performance indicators (SLA’s) and install feedback system.
- Monitoring of customers. Measure performance and Customers satisfaction and take appropriate action when required.
- The companies red alert system must be fully understood and reported and actioned in a timely manner.
- Performance indicators : SLA’s, survey results, nbr complaints; red alerts, Q measurement
- Carry out regular business reviews with existing customers to identify and adjust any
- performance issues, and establish possibilities to secure more sales and future contract
- renewals in partnership with the Commercial Department.
- Keep up to date with long-term innovative developments in Airline / Airport environment in order to keep ahead of competition
- Understand fully IATA Annex B’s and associated documents.
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels with airlines and their representatives and airport authorities
- Performance indicators : nbr contracts renewed, EBITDA generated from new services, nbr of active, realistic ideas in the pipeline
- Provide performance reviews, determine training requirements in order to develop people, to recommend promotions or dismissals, merit and performance increases, this within respect of
- HR policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement training programs in order to develop skills and effectiveness of management team and labour force (in accordance with standards AP Academy)
- Ensure optimal working relation with union delegates and constantly work with them to ensure open communication.
- Identify needs, make recommendations and obtain approval for changes/recruitment of personnel and changes of their financial package.
- Maintain and establish relationship with other AVIAPARTNER Stations in order to ensure cross-fertilisation of experience and know how.
- Introduce flexible working, improve staff utilisation, workforce ratios at all times, whilst always aiming for high quality.
- Be visible and promote an open and honest team approach with all staff at all levels.
- Have the prime objective of ensuring staff remain motivated at all times.
- Performance indicators : absenteeism ; appraisals ; staff turnover ; training hours
- Preparation and follow-up of detailed monthly budgets. Also prepare rolling financial forecasts as requested.
- Achieve cost, profit margins, and FTE’s targets and objectives trough monitoring key aspects of Operational/financial performance.
- Identify (un)favourable revenue or expense trends, remedy or harvest on them and if needed escalate them as appropriate to Management.
- Establish resource requirements and maximise efficient utilisation of resources.
- Monitor results vs. budget on an ongoing daily/weekly/monthly basis. Take alternative actions to correct budget shortfalls immediately.
- Support fully the introduction of projects such as FINIX.
- Report all data for the Monthly Operating System in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand the implications of the MOS on the cash flow and P and L.
- Optimise GSE investment and usage and review costs continually.
- Constantly seek cost reduction opportunities and action them fully.
- Performance indicators : budget / MOS ; forecasts ; cost reduction
- Carry out periodic benchmarking of activity costs against peers and competitors
- Investigate at all times maximum value from all activities
- Pro-actively support all training schedules, both on introduction (copy attached) and ongoing.
About the company
Aviapartner is one of the leading independent providers of ground handling services across 37 airports in 6 European countries.
- Since 1949 one of the leading European independent providers of ground handling services.
- Across 37 airports in Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands.
- Employs around nearly 6000 staff serving needs of 30 million passengers.
- A wide range of services to over 400 passenger and cargo airlines.
- Ramp handling for 300,000 aircraft movements.
- Cargo handling for around 1 million tons of cargo each year.
- IT capabilities, enabling us to deliver unparalleled service quality and flexibility according to the needs of each airline.
- Supported by numerous quality certifications and airline awards.
- Great salary
- Good environment to grow your career
- Great Communicator
- Experienced in managing different kind of stakeholders
- Experienced in managing complex logistic situations
- Great people manager who can inspire people