Contract with Client
Food, Feed, Pharma, High Tech
In order to continue the successful development and growth of the last years, we are looking for an experienced Senior Controller for SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE N.V. You will take responsibilities in both financial and strategic controlling.
Are you interested in a fast growing, dynamic, international e-commerce company which is based in the Netherlands and listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange? Do you already have several years of professional experience as a controller and want to broaden your controlling experience even further? You are analytical, think entrepreneurially, act with strong personal responsibility and have high quality standards for your work? Then this is exactly the right position for you!
About the job
As Senior Controller you are driven to further develop controlling and reporting tools. You will take care of various financial control processes and are the interface to financial accounting. You will also work closely with managers of various other departments in the company (business, head-office, operations) to support them with business controlling projects. You’ll continuously be able and requested to think in optimisation of processes and systems.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare company-wide financial and liquidity reporting and analyses as part of the controlling team
- Analyse all financially relevant key figures and derive targeted recommendations for action
- Control and monitor financial risks in the company and independently develop concepts and proposals for the optimisation of risk limitation
- Instrumental in compiling forecasts during the monthly, quarterly and year reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Create scenarios and forecasts for various financial and project key figures
- Optimise key figures and develop them further
- Carry out target-performance comparisons and variance analyses
- Provide finance support for various ad-hoc strategic projects
- You will directly report to the Head of Controlling
About the company
With annualized sales of around €1 billion at this moment, strong growth, and presence in seven European countries, SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. In 2020, SHOP APOTHEKE was one of the world’s fastest growers on the stock market.
From the very first day when SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE started operations in 2001, the team followed one principle: empower our customers to find health and pharmacy-related beauty products that help them to live their healthiest life possible. As they expand the customer base across Continental Europe rapidly, customers remain their core focus. The strategy is clearly to deliver an end-to-end e-Pharmacy experience to the customer for the use of prescription and non-prescription medication.
SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE plays a pioneering role in a highly attractive market segment where growth is driven by the shift towards e-commerce as well as the growing demand for non-prescription (OTC) medications, pharmacy-related beauty and personal care products as well as healthy and nutritional food solutions.. They plan to further strengthen their market leadership and establish SHOP APOTHEKE as the synonym for Pharmacy in Europe. Demographic change, growing health awareness and the trend towards self-medication are driving the demand for OTC medication and pharmacy-related beauty and personal care products. The ongoing trend towards online retail is positively influencing the growth of their markets in Europe, while at the same time their customer centricity, leading IT capabilities and the country specific cultural know-how form a solid foundation to reach their goals.
In this position you’ll get the opportunity to actively contribute to the growth of the company, being part of an ambitious and passionate environment and have an important role within the finance department. You’ll have a wide variety of responsibilities and growth perspective in line with the ambition of the company. In addition to a competitive remuneration, they offer the following:
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths in a fast-growing company (start-up culture)
- A responsible position in a dynamic and team-oriented working atmosphere
- Long-term prospects and excellent development opportunities
- Plenty of creative freedom and a high degree of personal responsibility
- For candidates living in Germany, support for cross-border commuters
Ambition, loyalty and commitment are natural for you and it motivates you to take on new challenges!
Furthermore, you have/are:
- Master degree, economics or finance related
- 4 to 8 years of relevant experience (as controller or external auditor)
- Clear analytical understanding of business and a high affinity for numbers
- Result-oriented and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication, analytical and conceptual skills
- Very good knowledge of ERP systems and optimisations
- An expert in Excel
- Excellent command of English and conversational German is a big pre