Contract with Client
In the innovative and dynamic world of Automation we are recruiting an experienced Project Controller with a proven track-record in Automation Projects within an international manufacturing environment. Ranpak is a rapidly growing, unique and ambitious organization. If you are triggered by words such as Growth, Change, Ambitious Entrepreneur, Development and Opportunities, then read about this challenge below!
In the role of Project Controller you act proactively from a financial point of view as business partners for the Project Managers and the Business Group Director of Automation. You are the financial counselor from A to Z for all customer-specific and R&D projects of Ranpak. Ranging from € 200.000 - € 600.000 in size. You are the expert, so terms as “revenue recognition” and “percentage of completion” are 100% familiar to you. The Project Controller is responsible for both the Accounting and the Control activities of these Automation projects. This requires a hands-on mentality as well as the capability to act as a strategic busines partner. This position reports directly to the Business Controller and is part of the Finance & Control team in Heerlen.
About the job
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Managing and executing the daily Project Control activities of the Automation Business. Responsible for both project administration and project control activities within a technical project environment
- Registering and administering all project-related matters and making preliminary and subsequent calculations
- Monitor project budgets vs actuals and advise or intervene when necessary
- Responsible for improving the financial predictability of the automation projects on the basis of progressive insight and in collaboration with the project managers
- Timely and complete reporting of developments within projects, potential risks and pursuing opportunities
- To "challenge" the business as an advisor/sparring partner and build up a close relationship with the Project Managers. By regularly being physically present in Kerkrade, you play a significant role in the team
- Setting up and organizing a Project Control Framework
- Co-guiding the implementation of SAP as a new ERP landscape
About the company
Ranpak was built on a revolutionary business model rooted in sustainability, innovation and service. They have been driven forward by a leadership team of packaging veterans and strong distributor relationships. Today, Ranpak is an internationally renowned company, with more than 500 employees around the globe. Their operations now span across North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Ranpak is continually on the hunt for opportunities to expand both their offerings and geographical footprint.
In-the-box packaging forms the core business of Ranpak with over 250 exclusive distribution partners worldwide and over 400 patents in paper cushioning, void fill and wrapping systems. In addition Ranpak also offers their clients automated solutions. Automation is one crucial factor when controlling costs and raising productivity, and Ranpak's range of solutions includes automated equipment designed to speed up different operations within the end-of-the line packing process.
Of course business success depends on solving many challenges. Ranpak helps their clients to analyze and improve consumables costs, seasonal volume peaks, pallet filling rates, freight optimization, and any other contributors to overall costs. To gain new insights and a wider perspective. It means that a clients packing process is more efficient, has a lower Total Cost of Ownership, and is tailored to specific business needs.
- An independent position with responsibility and room for entrepreneurship
- An opportunity to actually contribute to the further development of a beautiful and successful company
- Dynamic working environment
- Market based fringe benefits
- Personal development
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance or Business Economics/Administration
- Proven experience and working knowledge in US public (manufacturing) company
- Approximately 5-10 years of relevant working experience
- Proven working experience as Project Controller within the Automation Business
- Clear understanding of R&D and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with Sox (Sarbanes Oxley) compliancy
- Experience and exposure to US GAAP guidelines
- Experience with SAP is considered a big plus
- Driven and passionate about the Automation Business
- Pro-active, social and good relationship builder with the business
- A go-getter, thorough and motivated by drive and change (entrepreneurial)
- Being able to ‘think outside the box’, from a new perspective
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English