About this vacancy
SME OpenShift Ecosystem | Technical Leadership | Mentor | Design
Department Enabling Technology
Within Enabling Technology, we build self-service developer platforms for everyone at Schiphol to ensure a simplified and automated landscape that is always on, so developers can focus on creating value!
The Container team (Openshift Platform) is self-organizing. We use a mix of Scrum and Kanban. This way we keep our cycle time as low as possible and we succeed very well. We focus on delivering value and don't want to spend all day writing stories.
The structure and composition of the team changes regularly as circumstances demand. Therefore, we ask for your flexible way of working.
As Lead Engineer, your primary responsibility and authority is to lead the platform team on technical design decisions. You will also monitor whether the platform team deliverables are in line with the platform team standards. You and your team will contribute directly to Schiphol's Strategic Program: Autonomous Airport A broad scope, including design, integration with other platforms, and vendor engagement. You play a crucial role in cross-functional collaborations and decision-making processes.
As Lead Engineer, you have a broad scope, including design, integration with other platforms, and vendor engagement. You play a crucial role in cross-functional collaborations and decision-making processes.
Royal Schiphol Group is a prominent Dutch airport operator with a rich history dating back to 1916. As a leader in the aviation industry, the company manages and operates some of the Netherlands' most vital airports, including Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Rotterdam The Hague Airport, and Lelystad Airport.
Dedicated to providing excellent passenger experiences, Royal Schiphol Group plays a pivotal role in connecting the Netherlands to the world. Their commitment to sustainability is evident in their efforts to reduce carbon emissions and enhance environmental practices across their airports.
With a focus on innovation, technology, and passenger convenience, Royal Schiphol Group continues to be at the forefront of the aviation sector, ensuring efficient, safe, and enjoyable travel experiences for millions of passengers each year.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Royal Schiphol Group. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Ensuring high availability, performance and security for the OpenShift platform.
- Implement monitoring, logging and alerting tools to ensure the health and performance of the OpenShift environment.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues within the OpenShift platform.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives related to OpenShift.
- Stay updated with the latest OpenShift features and updates, ensuring the platform remains current and optimized.
- Document good practices, guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Mentor Junior Engineers and share knowledge across the team.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation schedule
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience with OpenShift and container orchestration.
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes and its ecosystem.
- Experience with Infra-as-Code (e.g. Terraform).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.