secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital & Computational Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Digital pathology, which can also be referred to as virtual microscopy, involves the capturing, managing, analysing and interpreting of digital information from a glass slide containing the tissue that needs to be inspected. Computational pathology uses the power of deep learning and AI powered image analytics to enhance diagnostic precision and transform the next generation of pathologists. We develop our solutions together with the best partners in the industry.
In this role, you will strengthen the Scanner Systems team with brain- and man-power to ensure the timely release of high quality products and systems to ensure the continued growth in an agile environment. You will work on the development and implementation of scanner solutions on top of Philips Digital & Computational Pathology (DCP) portfolio, which will help pathologist to improve the quality and speed of their work.
- Work inside the scanner team with external partners, customers, and engineering and research teams in a multi-disciplinary and x-functional setting developing pathology scanners for Philips Digital & Computational Pathology.
- Responsible for the exploration of the design, the realization, the integration, the testing and the debugging of a system, subsystem and component, and understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture.
- Develop the work with focus on customer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeps this outside-in approach in mind for created designs.
- Develop based on the functional, non-functional - and design-specifications and test, analyse and verify the performance.
- Debug and analyse systematically in case of technically challenges, define next steps, draw conclusions and present to architects, (senior) system engineers and developers.
- Communicate clearly on progress in a structured and methodical way.
- Communicate consequences of the design to the architecture team.
- Deliver input in the planning process to the project leader.
- Perform work in line with the product development processes in accordance with the (medical) quality management system.
- Keep up-to-date with new technology developments.
- Drive activities and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
We believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, the DCP leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- To work in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment
- Working for a world player can help you to further your career
- A Masters (or PhD degree), preferably in either Physics, Electrical engineering, Applied Mathematics;
- At least 3 years of experience as a system engineer, preferably within the medical industry, with:
- Building and calibrating optical setups
- Experience with optical measuring systems
- Experience with control theory
- Conceptual work regarding calibration algorithms and transferring the concept to development, industrialization and service, incl. troubleshooting of the concept as well as the productized software
- Matlab/Python, and affinity/experience with C and C++
- Image analysis
- Systems and system integration
- Product creation
- Experimental setup designs
- Statistical modelling & analysis
- Self-starting capabilities and a pragmatic mindset;
- Generalist with hands-on experience is critical;
- Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English and (is willing to learn) the Dutch language;
- Affinity and experience with working in cross functional teams;
- Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (FDA 820.x, ISO13485, etc.) is preferred;
- Focus on Good Documentation Practices (GDP);
- Improvement attitude, lean thinking, continuous improvement.