Contract with Client
Over deze vacature
Wabtec Netherlands designs and manufactures products that ensure safe and reliable operation of railway systems and high-end automated warehouses around the globe.
Global market leader of relay technology in Rail- and Power Grid markets and mobile power solutions.
For Wabtec Netherlands in Ede we are recruiting for an experienced Engineering Manager. In this Management position, you will be directly responsible for all engineering processes. You will also lead a team of design and production engineers. Are you an experienced Engineering Manager and do you have a drive for continuous improvement and technology development? Then we are looking for you!
Co-ordinate with sister companies across the globe. Member of the Management team of Wabtec Netherlands. In this position you will be reporting to the Site Director of Wabtec Netherlands.
- Leading a team of design-engineers and production engineers (12 fte); Mechatronics; Electronic- and electric disciplines at HBO level.
- Directly responsible for all engineering processes, certification of engineering processes, engineering tooling, organizational- and people development;
- Responsible for delivery of design- and continuous improvement projects;
- Leadership in technology development; both in production technologies as in product- and material technologies;
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
Wabtec Netherlands in Ede is the new merger organization from which various industrial products and services are delivered under three renowned brand names.
- Akapp-Stemmann; design, manufacturing and service of single & multipole, open & closed conductor rail systems for applications in cranes, automated warehouses and other markets.
- Mors Smitt, World leader relay technology in Rail and Power grid market. Key player in train-borne Energy Efficiency Solutions and Portable Test Equipment.
- Stemmann-Technik, leading in the field of energy and data transfer components and systems in industrial and transport technology.
More than 200 colleagues daily serve an international customer group by producing industrial products and supplying various professional services. The former companies Akapp-Stemmann BV, Mors Smitt BV and Stemmann-Technik Nederland BV are part of Wabtec Netherlands BV.
Wabtec is committed to empowering employees to achieve their professional goals, because their employees’ goals matter to them. They encourage continuous learning and growth, and they develop their people through hands-on experience. They help them “learn by doing,” encourage people to get out of their comfort zones and try new things.
As a global company, operating in 50 countries, career opportunities are boundless. Their marketplace and workplaces span the globe. Traveling the world and working with global customers from diverse cultures often results in eye-opening and life-changing experiences that broaden your perspectives and your skills. Wabtec is a great place to work for people with ambitions to succeed at a global level.
In addition to a very good salary, Wabtec offers you:
- Working directly towards the strategic initiatives;
- Member of the Management team of Wabtec Netherlands;
- Working directly together with the Operations Manager; At Wabtec, they are in the business of realizing potential – that of the transportation industry, and yours!
- A high-energy work environment with a hands-on and can-do mentality;
- A good remuneration package;
- An career in an international environment;
- A key role with added value.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (or equivalent);
- Experience in a regulated industry with high quality standards;
- Experienced leader in a discrete, high mix, low volume assembly environment;
- Excellent English language ability (written and spoken);
- Ability to work effectively in varying teams and as an individual;
- Process oriented and well organized;
- Experience in developing professional standards in engineering team(s);
- Organizational development in engineering team(s).