Contract with Client
Over deze vacature
The position of Finance Director is newly created, which gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the optimization - related to finance and company processes. You work together with the Corporate Controller on a day to day basis and have a reporting line to the Managing Director and the head office in Miami / Dominican Republic. Together with the Managing Director you are the leadership team of International Furan Chemicals (IFC), managing the head office operations. As the financial process owner you will lead the implementation of the new accounting system, procedures and controls.
The Finance Director works together with the Managing Director to design strategies for new products and markets, including pricing. You will analyse the costs allocations of inventory together with the Corporate Controller. Keep a constant, direct and open communication channel with upper management. Moreover, providing leadership across the company for all functions and work to expand the scope and scale of IFC with implementation of new products.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Lead the financial management reporting process, including budgets, financial statements and cash flows;
- Provide with explanations on deviations from budget and previous year’s reports on a monthly basis and provide action plans to achieve goals;
- Prepare updated fluctuation analysis and revise action plans on a quarterly basis;
- Submit appropriate recommendations and action plans to upper management;
- Lead implementation of the new accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics - Navision);
- Analyse the financial performance; enable management understanding of historical financial performance and identify opportunities for business improvements;
- Help in developing the company strategy and execution plans;
- Develop a strong team through active leadership and guidance;
- Ensure compliance and develop a robust internal control structure. Continued monitoring of internal controls is essential.
- Maintain constant communication with management of subsidiary and related parties who are key in operations.
International Furan Chemicals (IFC) is incorporated in The Netherlands in 1994, created by a group of people who has been involved with the highly specialized market of furfural and its derivatives for many years. IFC is part of a privately owned company.
Today IFC is the leading marketing organization in the field of furfural and furfuryl alcohol worldwide. They have the exclusive use and distribution rights of the furfural, produced at the world's largest furfural facility, Central Romana Corporation, located in the Dominican Republic. Furfural is converted to furfuryl alcohol at the related party, TransFurans Chemicals in Geel, Belgium.
The head office is located in Rotterdam and the sales offices/representatives in China, Korea, Poland and Canada. IFC is able to provide all customers on-time deliveries, quality in management and technical support. This is because of their in-depth knowledge of the market and their continuous investment in the latest developments and trends.
You get the opportunity to fill in a new created position and lead the optimization process, which is in a dynamic industry. Next to that, you will be part of a small and diverse team in the Rotterdam office, who are very committed and passionate. The office has an informal and reliable work environment, where knowledge and trust are very important topics.
As well as this, they offer:
- Competitive salary;
- Great office located at the Rotterdam The Hague Airport;
- 27 holidays;
- Attractive pension scheme;
- Company car;
- Flexible working hours;
- Worldwide international scope.
We are looking for a Finance Director who is bringing in new ideas, related to accounting & control processes, quality and efficiency. You need to empower people and motivate them in an ongoing change process. At last, you have to be on top of the figures, delivering accurate reports and being able to tell the story behind the figures to upper management on a remote basis.
- 15+ years of relevant experience (with financial planning & analysis and reporting), including 8 years in a managerial role;
- Master degree, with focus in accounting or finance. Post-master qualification preferred;
- Proven proactive leadership and indirect management skills, with results and team focus;
- Broad-based finance experience including pricing, controls, compliance and strong logical thinking;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, face to face and remote;
- Excel skills required;
- Accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics - Navision) implementation experience preferred;
- Experience with the marketability of commodities or a similar fast-paced environment (FMCG, retail);
- Excellent command of Dutch and English (spoken and written).