Working for YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
The Engineering IT Services Software (EIS) group within ASML is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community. Key challenge is on one hand to have a state of the art environment to support the newest product development and on the other hand safeguard the stability and reliability and long term support for the growing installed product base at our customers. EIS uses an Agile methodology and is in transition to use SAFe.
ASML produces specific software as part of its solutions and products for its customers. This software is proprietary and part of the intellectual property of ASML. Currently ASML employs over 3000 software developers and this number is still growing. These ASML software developers rely on the software development environment to be able to perform their jobs.
As a DevOps Engineer you are tasked with designing and developing of automation frameworks for the deployment, management, and monitoring of the software development platform. You are a competent Engineer delivering high-quality infrastructure and applications. As such, you author tools that improve developer capacity and productivity with a focus on innovating and maintaining the software development platform. This is a collaborative role where you work hand-in-hand with the development teams and the IT department. You will work closely with your colleagues in balancing the requirements for performance, cost-effectiveness, and reliability of our department.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor in Computer Science (or related field) and 0-2 years’ experience.
- The candidate has a hands-on mindset, strong customer- and problem-solving orientation, focus on results, has demonstrated good communication skills, a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
- Other required knowledge:
- Linux and Windows server and desktop configuration
- Scripting languages: like Bash, PowerShell and Python
- Experience with Atlassian tools, Jira and BitBucket
- Good command of English
- Personal skills
- The candidate should have as a plus knowledge in at least three of below areas:
- General software development skills
- Develop a complex puppet code base
- Software Configuration Management (based on Git)
- Experience with tools such as Splunk, InSpec
- Documenting capabilities (technical designs and runbooks)
- Base Knowledge of storage, network and database solutions