secondment via YER
High Tech, Engineering
Over deze vacature
For TNO, we are looking for a Signal Processing Expert.
Do you believe you have passion for R&D on advanced signal processing algorithms and waveforms for future phased array radar systems? If so, come join our team of world-renowned experts! We have excellent career opportunities to match your ambition.
The Radar Technology department is a leading R&D partner in Europe in the field of radar technology and develops concepts and architectures commissioned by industrial partners (including leading global multinationals) and the government (Dutch Ministry of Defence, for instance). Experts from various fields converge in the department to shape the future RF sensor suites for a variety of applications, including radar, communications, navigation and ESM systems. Your environment comprises radar and other system engineers, information theory experts, (embedded) software engineers, hardware developers and EM/antenna experts. The available quantity and quality of data is increasing substantially due to the evolution of the employed sensor systems. Signal processing must advance at the same rate so as to extract more and more information from this data. That is why the latest signal processing techniques are being examined (mathematically, by means of software and in relation to new processing platforms), evaluated and implemented if proven to have potential. Examples of techniques from the recent past are compressive sensing, spectral analysis and machine learning.
The Opto-mechatronics department focuses on the conceptual design of high-tech optomechatronics systems, in close cooperation with the research groups Optics, Space Systems Engineering, Nano-Instrumentation and Instrument Manufacturing. Large commercial projects are executed for customers in the domains of Space & Science instrumentation, Semiconductor Equipment and the Manufacturing Industry.
The role of the group within the strong global position of the Dutch mechatronics industry is that of supplier of breakthrough technology. Core areas for the group for the coming years are robust adaptive optomechatronics modules and control systems; industrial instrumentation for in-line inspection and control, and nano-optomechatronical instruments for applications in next-generation lithography, metrology and medical diagnostics. The group has a close collaboration with several universities and research institutes, a large network in industry and contributes to the Topsector roadmap Mechatronics.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- We are currently looking for a new colleague to fill the position of radar Signal Processing Expert in the Radar Technology department within the Technical Sciences field of expertise. In the Radar Technology department we collaborate passionately on technological breakthroughs for the latest RF sensor systems.