secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you have a high level of knowledge on how to describe the functional demands and desires on assembly line machinery by using drawings and other TPD’s? Then we have a great opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer Production Lines.
The department of Production Engineering designs, configures and modifies existing and new production resources and assembly (lines) for the production of our clients' products. Product and process development vary from further development to complete innovations. Existing production methods are continuously improved and optimized. The activities within Production Engineering are divided into teams: mechanical design, process engineering, project engineering and industrial automation. Around 40 FTEs work in this department.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you know designing processes very well. With focus on functional design, you have a high level of knowledge on how to describe the functional demands and desires on assembly line machinery by using drawings and other TPD’s. You know manufacturing processes always follows on the functional descriptions in drawings and TPD’s rather than the other way around.
Next to the responsibility for your own day-to-day design work in projects and the reviews of designs of the assembly line project you are working on, you also bear responsibility of monitoring and executing review processes of the work of other design engineers. You will be doing this together with the Team Leader Design.
In addition, you are a key player in the process of constantly improving the quality level and standard of the design department output. With the Team Leader Design, you will guide and coach junior design engineers on the path of becoming great and experienced Design Engineers, which are highly knowledgeable.
When reviewing work of the colleagues at the Design department of Production Engineering you use your coaching skills to guide and motivate them in improvement of the quality of their work. “Lean”, “First-Time-Right” and “Kaizen” are the rules you live by in your day-to-day job. The ISO GPS drawing standards are as “the back of your hand” and safety and the machine directive are rules you know how to live by. Achieving high level of quality in the product of Production Engineering, the TPD’s to create high-end assembly lines in automotive environment, is your first and foremost drive.
A helicopter view on the direction the developments have to go is no problem for you, just as you are very good at keeping an eye on details in how to make high quality drawings. For you, discussions are always on a professional level, to build up quality and to motivate colleagues.
Our client is a global player in the field of components for the automotive industry. They have a 20% market share in Europe, which means that 1 out of 5 cars in Europe are fitted with a component that was made at our client. For automotive to be able to contribute to global climate objectives, downsizing is necessary. Using our clients' componentsis the best way to make this technically possible. They deliver directly to OEM's all over the world.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- At least a bachelor's degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or Automotive Engineering
- At least 4 years’ experience in Mechanical Design of automation machinery and/or assembly line equipment. Within the automotive industry or high-tech electronics industry is a plus
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Experience with Machine Directive / CE marking
- Very good communication skills
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language (written and spoken), German is a plus (written and spoken)
- Good coaching skills
- Knowledge of ISO GPS standards
- Quality driven, high level of accuracy in work
- Used to work with Kaizen, Lean, etc.