secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
As a designer, are you the driving force behind the design and development of various complex products for our clients in the high-tech industry? Then this job of Designer Electromechanics is for you. For our clients, you provide expertise in the field of the design of our electromechanics and fulfill an intermediary role between the clients. You: a challenging and independent job with plenty of room for personal input and, in time, opportunities to grow into the role of Lead Designer. We: innovative products that lead to satisfied customers.
Where do you come to work as a Junior Designer Electromechanical?
Our client is a decentralized and therefore decisive organization, consisting of a holding company with sixteen operating companies in the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia and China and a sales and service office in Singapore. We not only consider our service to customers to be important, but also that we create a pleasant working environment for our more than 2,900 colleagues worldwide. Creativity and job satisfaction are central to us and we attach great value to personal relationships with our customers. We believe that real attention to people leads to better service and a further increase in the quality of our products: products that make our lives more enjoyable. Our core values are: proactive, customer-oriented, teamwork, flexible and creative, partnership, agreement is agreement and drive.
What are you going to do as a Junior Designer Electromechanics?
As a Designer you find it a challenge to be at the beginning of the design of electro-technical / electro-mechanical modules / machines for our clients. You will be part of the Electromechanics team within the Design & Engineering department and participate in an internal project team. This means that you are the link between the project leader, architect and other team members. Together with about 35 fellow designers, you are responsible for the electromechanical part of the solution that we produce for and in consultation with our clients. You communicate with the customers in the context of assignments and are regularly work at the site of our customer. By asking the right questions you will get the customer’s wishes to the surface so that we can produce a solution that meets the customer’s needs as closely as possible. Questions such as which materials are to be used and which production techniques are to be used are matters that are dealt with on a daily basis. In this position you will also work together with the Mechanical and Embedded System team.
Your tasks also include the following:
· drawing and reviewing module specifications together with the customer;
· converting the data supplied by the external or internal client into 3D models and production designs;
· independently designing, implementing, testing and documenting hardware (electro-technical / electro-mechanical) using state-of-the-art methods;
· developing testing and tools;
· assisting in the production of the developed products;
· drawing up and monitoring schedules;
· communicate with customers whether or not focused on an ongoing project and expanding the customer network;
What do we ask of you as a Junior Designer Electromechanic?
First of all, you are communicative and sociable. You know how to maintain good contacts with your customer, colleagues and suppliers and you know what is going on with the various parties. You have a broad interest in technology and have knowledge of electronics, mechatronics and production techniques. It goes without saying that you keep up to date with the developments in your field and apply this knowledge adequately when advising customers. You are solution-oriented and able to work both as a team and independently. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your production designs are made as optimally as possible.
What do we offer you as a Junior Designer Electromechanical?
In the role of Designer Electromechanics we offer you a challenging position in a dynamic and innovative environment. You will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to our client's development and profitability. We offer you a full-time position in a highly driven and collegial working environment with a lot of freedom for initiatives and room for personal development.
After a thorough onboarding program and good supervision, you are given the opportunity to fulfil your role independently. In the long run, depending on your ambitions, there are sufficient opportunities for further growth.
Our client – founded in 1985 and based at the Science Park Eindhoven in Son en Breugel – is part of a development team of more than two hundred developers who carry out their work at various locations at the various operating companies in Son, Enschede, Echt and Erfurt (Germany). Our client offers a combination of services across the entire product life cycle of high-grade industrial electronics applications. These services consist of co-development up to and including sustaining services.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- Furthermore, you bring:
- a Higher/Academic degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics;
- good knowledge and experience with MS Office Word and Excel;
- experience with Siemens NX or another 3D design package is an advantage;
- good communication and writing skills in Dutch and English;
- willingness to do your work on location at the customer;
- available fulltime.