Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you have a broad interest in technology, affinity with hardware and software and do you find it a challenge to be at the beginning of the design of various complex products for our versatile customers? Then the job of FPGA Designer is for you. A job in which you fulfil an intermediary function between our client and the customer and you find great diversity in the customers and products that we develop for our customers.
You: a challenging and independent job with plenty of room for personal input and, in time, various career opportunities. We: innovative products that lead to satisfied customers.
As an FPGA Designer you will be part of the Embedded Systems department, a group consisting of FPGA Designers, Embedded Software Designers, Hardware Designers and PCB Designers. Together with your colleagues you work on electronics solutions, in which you are the FPGA expert, which we develop and produce for and in consultation with our customers. From your professional adult role you are able to manage juniors in addition to your own work and teach them the tricks of the job.
Your tasks also include:
- drawing up concept solutions, budgeting work for quotation;
- drawing up specifications and reviewing these with the customer;
- independently design, implement, test and document a design;
- having access to the most recent knowledge in their own field of expertise FPGA/VHDL and updating this further where necessary;
- being and remaining aware of development tools and practices;
- working with and according to (internal) coding standards;
- participating in project teams: internal/external system architect, HW and SW Designers;
- assisting with the production of the developed products completion of assigned work in accordance with the schedule;
- managing and supervising junior FPGA designers;
- work can be carried out on Neways’s location as well as that of its customers.
Our client is a decentralized and therefore decisive organization, consisting of a holding company with sixteen operating companies in the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia and China and a sales and service office in Singapore. We not only consider our service to customers to be important, but also that we create a pleasant working environment for our more than 2,900 colleagues worldwide. Creativity and job satisfaction are central to us and we attach great value to personal relationships with our customers. We believe that real attention to people leads to better service and a further increase in the quality of our products: products that make our lives more enjoyable. Our core values are: proactive, customer-oriented, teamwork, flexible and creative, partnership, agreement is agreement and drive.
What do we offer you as a Senior FPGA Designer?
First of all, a very driven, collegial work environment with a lot of freedom for initiatives and room for personal development and growth. A competitive salary that suits your age, education and experience. In addition to an initially temporary contract, we also offer you excellent terms of employment.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
First of all, you have good communication and social skills. You know how to maintain good contacts with your colleagues, suppliers and customers and you know what is going on with the various parties. In order to get things clear, you are able to listen carefully and by asking questions so that you have the right information at your disposal. You have a broad interest and experience in the technology of both firmware but also hardware and software for embedded systems design. You are able, possibly together with an electronics/PCBA designer, to make a well-founded hardware choice. It goes without saying that you will keep up with the developments in your field. You are able to work in a team, but you are also able to fulfill your function on your own. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your designs are made as optimally and accurately as possible.
Furthermore, you bring:
- a completed Higher/Academic grade in the field of electronics or similar;
- multi-annual work experience in a similar position;
- thorough knowledge of – and experience with modelling samples (e.g. VHDL, Verilog, HLS);
- thorough knowledge of the specific development tools (e.g. Vivado, Quartus, Modelsim, Questasim, Mentor CDC);
- familiar with building simulation models / testbench for use with e.g. Modelsim or Questasim;
- familiar with HW development tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab) Familiar with programming languages (e.g. C/C++/#, Java, Python);
- experience with quality techniques such as FMEA, MTBF;
- good knowledge and experience with MS Office Word and Excel;
- good communication and writing skills in Dutch and English;
- willingness to carry out work on location of our clients.