Challenging position within international company
Over deze vacature
Does giving support to a number of managers in a dynamic environment energize you? We would like to welcome an enthusiastic, professional team player to complete the Finance assistant team. Do you have a proven track record, in-depth knowledge of ASML's area of expertise and do you have the curiosity to dive deeper into the business content? We would like to receive your resume and motivation letter of course in English.
In this role you will support the Executive Vice President of Finance and one or two of his staff members. You also fulfil the backup role for your colleagues at the Finance secretariat.
As a Management Assistant you manage and take ownership of your work. You demonstrate a strong drive to achieve meaningful results and show determination in the face of obstacles. You pro-actively search for ways to improve customer service and independently manage expectations and meet the (future) needs of the manager. By taking a helicopter view you are able to signal process improvement opportunities. You continuously seek for new ways of working in a fast changing environment. You help in optimizing the processes and seek for opportunities to optimize the daily work for your team. Pro-actively you share information and provide feedback to others. Being a senior role model for the rest of your team, you stimulate a feedback culture with open communication.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Manage (own) the agenda of your managers to the detail. Planning meetings, appointments, presentations and seminars, conference calls, video conferences, assessing effectiveness of schedules, booking of meeting rooms and catering. Pro-active signalling of calendar conflicts and take decisions.
- Provident and independent travel management of high complexity in different time zones. Optimize travel, think ahead and take decisions.
- Pro-active screening and sorting inbox. React to e-mails; filter out what you can do. Prioritize and make your managers aware of certain topics that come up.
- Liaise with various stakeholders in the company as well as external customers. You have a natural way of communication and the ability to level with all layers in the organization.
- Sensitive of team dynamics, be the ‘eyes and ears’ of your manager and provide your managers of feedback and observations.
- Acquire overall knowledge of the finance staff activities, projects and daily priorities in order to ensure smooth information and work flow. Secure the quality.
- Create structure, stability and work proactive to create tranquillity and a predictable work environment.
- Support your managers and colleague assistants in the current transformation towards a new operating model. Actively share knowledge and give advice to them when needed.
- You promote MSO and support your team lead, building a strong and reliable support organisation. You are a team builder and understand the importance of sharing knowledge and seeking for opportunities to optimize. Daily work. You are continuously working to bring MSO and the CFO cluster to a higher level.
- Administrative tasks, create year calendar, monitoring deadlines, prepare and review expense claims, writing and distributing standard reports, distribution of team related information, coordination of department communication via Sharepoint site and/or newsletter.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor's degree in Business Management/Administration, Personnel Management, Hospitality, Tourism/leisure.
At least 12 years’ experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding international environment.
- English language skills,- excellent in written and verbal communication.
- Technically competent user of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Skype, Office, SharePoint, etc.)
- You have strong communication skills to be able to communicate clearly, concisely and directly to peers and customers.
- Actively share knowledge and give advice to them when needed.
- Able to grow positive relationships with management, colleagues and customers, at all organizational levels.
- Capable to handle business matters with absolute discretion and confidentiality.
- You are a team player in heart & soul with representative approach and a hospitality mindset.
- Being a fast thinker with can-do mentality, while having the ability to connect different pieces of information instantly to stay ahead of the business needs. Natural interest in the business.
- High dependability, be there to support the business, service mindset, familiar and willing to work in a 24/7 environment in time of needs.
- You are result-oriented, you have a positive approach and you have a drive to success. Proven ability to prioritize, to be flexible, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Pro-active and enthusiastic person, who is willing to take initiative, feels at ease in an international and fast-paced environment and knows how to set priorities under pressure
- Work independently; identifies and solves problems in a timely manner; escalates when necessary.
- You have an open mind for new developments and change and make recommendations for improvement.