· Reviews and negotiates on customer requirements.
· Renders customer requirements into (sub)system and electrical, software, wiring and motion control requirements.
· Breaks down specifications into modular concepts and functions, enabling reusability also in future system designs.
· Prepares quotations with (sub)system concept(s), material costs and reliable development effort estimations.
· Creates (sub)system concepts with proven technology / risk management in mind, optimized by a multi-disciplinary view and founded by necessary theoretical calculations.
· Creates (sub) system designs, based on defined concept(s). Product cost, regulations, manufacturability, serviceability, technical risk, project delivery time and development effort have to be taken into account.
· Creates or delegates electrical, software, wiring and motion control designs to (external) designers and engineers.
· Supports the Sales and Customer organizations as a technical specialist.
· Supports Frencken mechatronics with complex production issues as a technical specialist.
· Takes technical responsibility in projects and is aware of his/her leading role in these projects.
· Maintains and improves personal and technical knowledge via training and networking.
· Pro-actively contributes in improvement processes.
· Coaches colleagues and delegates work.
· Initiates and manages in- and external discussions concerning system requirements, architecture and electrical, software, wiring and motion control design.
· Transfers relevant knowledge with stakeholders in- and outside the organization.
· Manages his/her own work and the work assigned to others based on the project plan.
· Delivers planning and development strategy input to the project managers.
· Inspires and coaches team members to get the job done and is willing to go the extra mile.
· Initiates and deploys changes and improvements within Frencken Engineering.
· Manages progress and problems pro-actively until closure.
· Verifies system concepts and designs pro-actively with his stakeholders and delegates parts of it to designers and engineers.