€ 50,000 - € 60,000
Via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
High Tech, Engineering, IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
As a Software Engineer C++ for the Pixel Panthers Team you impact the way Pathologists diagnose cancer.
Collaborating with your team on the components for processing large amount of pixel data from digitized tissue glass slides. This includes the encoding/decoding, processing and displaying of images on both back end and front end. These components enable pathologists to review slides for diagnosis and advanced image analytics solutions.
You contribute to these components, which are part of current and next major releases of the company IntelliSite Pathology Solution (PIPS).
The PIPS improves the process in hospitals and research centres with deployed digital pathology. Image analytics solutions based on the SDK facilitate not only computer-aided measurements and characterization, but also advanced algorithms for assisted diagnosis.
- Design and implementation of software (on component or module level)—understand and communicate consequences of your design on the architecture.
- Design software based on design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications.
- Finalize the design specifications and test the designed modules or components, so that the software in question will be reliable, efficient, easy to maintain and user-friendly.
- Perform work in-line with the product development resp. software engineering processes that were agreed in the department.
They drive exponential business growth at the intersection of innovation, entrepreneurship and passion - delivering cutting edge technologies that solve century old health challenges with greater speed, higher quality and better accuracy for individuals and families around the world.
They are establishing a worldwide business for total Digital Pathology Solutions encompassing an Ultra-Fast Scanner for digitization of microscope tissue slides and a Pathology Image Management System. Their solutions enable pathology laboratory and pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, bonus model)
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Higher vocational level (HBO) or university education in software development;
- About 5 years of experience as a software engineer in the industry (product development);
- Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English;
- Dedication to testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices;
- Experience with graphics programming (e.g. OpenGL, WebGL, CUDA);
- Affinity with high performance data processing;
- Affinity with HTTP/REST services and web development patterns;
- Experience with working in cross-functional agile teams.