It depends on the time of experience
Over deze vacature
The Controller platform is a key subsystem in the multifunctional printer/copier/scanner devices. It handles all generic functionality of the devices, such as reception or export of jobs via the customer network, user interaction (at the machine or remotely) via apps or a web UI, high-level control of the print and scan engine, service functionality, etc. These applications run on an embedded PC platform with a windows10 embedded OS. For the security, platform and access team, which is responsible for the OS, drivers, platform libraries, user management, system access, USB peripherals, etc, we are looking for a Senior Network, Performance and Security Engineer with excellent experience in design and troubleshooting of network, security and performance aspects of applications running on an embedded Windows 10 OS.
The controller platform development is done by eight functional teams that follow an agile way of working. The teams develop multiple features in parallel for a single mainline. They also handle feedback from the machines in the field.
- Designs, implements and verifies the network configuration, security and performance aspects of our embedded windows10 LTSC OS, which runs our embedded controller applications. The prime responsibility is the proper configuration of the embedded windows OS to meet network, security and performance requirements.
- Pinpoint the root cause of network and performance issues that might only be detected during system-level tests
- Establish improvements focused on prevention (re-designs) and better monitoring and diagnostics facilities.
- Become the security expert for controller feature developments.
- This security expert has to have a deep understanding of security threats and measures to prevent them (human, process and technical).
He or she:
- Takes initiative to propose improvements to stay market-compliant.
- Participates in the design of features to prevent security issues and defines and executes audits to ensure compliance with security standards.
- It is prime contact with external auditors to ensure compliance with standards such as HCD-PP.
- Takes initiative to improve internal security standards and working methods to improve the performance of development teams related to security aspects.
Key areas of responsibility
- Communicate issues regarding the feasibility of such design within the constraints of the overall SW architecture and proposes options to address them. Especially performance, security, and user interaction consequences are key factors.
- As security expert: promote development practices ensuring compliance with security standards.
- Provides input to the planning process.
- Acts in line with departmental and project guidelines.
High tech company in Venlo area.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return, and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- We are looking for an analytical, creative and abstract thinker that is a persistent troubleshooter so he/she can find the cause of hard to reproduce network or performance issues. This person has to be able to inspire developers to apply security and performance best practices, be able to make the optimal choice between Quality and Time and be able to work in projects without clear functional specifications
- He or she has to have deep knowledge of the following network, performance and security-related aspects:
- Windows TCP/IP and USB implementation and diagnostics facilities
- Windows networking and security facilities
- Windows performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Network and USB protocol analyzers
- Tomcat/IIS session management, authentication authorization, tokens, security certificates
- TPM, UEFI boot, BitLocker, FIPScryptography
- Knowledgeable in executing security audits
- Achieving compliance certificates for relevant standards (HCD-PP)
- Implementing and improving security processes
- Besides this, the candidate needs the following general engineering skills:
- Experience in C#, C++, and Windows APIs (to configure network and security mechanisms)
- Angular/Typescript and some Java.
- Experience in modern Software engineering methods (preferably agile) and processes.
- Higher Vocational of university education in Computer/Software science or has reached this level through another form of training or experience.
- Pre: (Some) knowledge and understanding of other disciplines (embedded control software, electronics, mechanics) with which co-operation takes place. Knowledge of design methods and engineering processes.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the relevant area of application, where necessary.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the used development environment / tools (Visual Studio, TFS).