IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML’s Applications products are critical elements in the semiconductor manufacturing process. System level testing is a very important step in the development process of our products and ensures that the system meets specifications. The System Test Engineer is a key participant in the system level test process and provides important input to the product release decision-making process.
Context of the position
ASML’s main product is the wafer scanner, a complex high precision machine used by our customers in the semiconductor industry to create Integrated Circuits. But within ASML, the lesser known Business Line “Applications” creates a new type of products that helps our customers to improve the quality of their designs and their manufacturing process. These products measure deficiencies in the customer’s process and use ASML’s wafer scanners to correct them. The Applications business line is very successful, is growing and is generating a significant part of ASML’s revenue.
Together with the Test Architect, you define the tests that need to be executed to verify the functionality and performance of our products. While executing the system tests, you detect and register issues. You work with development teams in diagnosing the issues and re-testing solutions.
You report the issues found and enable the product teams to judge the impact and risks of the issues. Lead time and test quality are important; you continuously seek ways to improve the efficiency and affectivity of your work. During the alpha test period, the team is expected to work outside regular office hours. The Test & Integration team is close to 20 people and follows an Agile/Kanban way of working.
You report to the Group Lead of the D&E Applications System Test and Integration group. In the project, a Product Owner is responsible for setting priorities. As a team member, you work with other team members, the lead engineer and the scrum master to come to an optimal plan.
It is your mission to test and report on the quality of ASML’s products at the system level. You prevent issues from reaching the customer.
As a System Test Engineer you are a member of the Applications System Test & Integration team. You define, create, execute and report on system level tests. You perform both regression and progression testing.
You perform several of the following tasks:
- Software baseline validation
- Execute the basic regression test on the software baseline
- Quality check of the project deliverables
- Contribute to requirement reviews with respect to testability.
- Review project input documents (project test report, process conformance)
- Provide a quality verdict of the delivered software; Accept/reject deliverables
- Execute the alpha test of new software packages
- Execute alpha tests
- Report issues
- Write test reports, submit issue tickets
- Process improvement
- Suggest process/tooling improvements where necessary
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology.
- You have at least 3 years experience in testing, preferably in a hardware/software environment. You are ISTQB certified. You have experience with automated testing and with several test techniques.
- You are flexible, result driven, have a “make it happen attitude”, are a good communicator and a self starter. You have an eye for detail and are accurate in the work execution.
- You can combine pragmatism in execution with a structural process approach.