IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
In order to provide the software development community at ASML with new platforms, services and applications we are looking for engineers to join our team. Together with our infrastructure team you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of infrastructure used by 3500+, and growing, software developers.
As an Automation Engineer in ASML’s Infrastructure team you will be:
- You are an expert with Infrastructure-as-a-code
- Part of an Agile team, where you get to design, develop, deliver and automate services
- Interacting directly with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge on infrastructure.
- Empowered to make autonomous decisions with your team, and challenge your product owner, to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
- The main part of the environment is built on Linux and VMware, development and deployment is done using Puppet, git, Terraform, and Jenkins.
- Key in the development of these complex environments are automation, Infrastructure-as-Code and introduction of cloud elements.
You will work on a project called Datacenter Automation which provides a platform to automatically deploy and configure Windows, Linux, Web Servers, Sandboxes, Proxies and others. You will improve the delivery time of new servers by automating the servers deployments using Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Inspec, RSPEC, Rundeck and Jenkins.
- You will make unit tests (RSPEC), integration tests (Inspec), Rundeck and Jenkins pipelines that automate the tests and deployment of new servers.
- The programming languages that you will use include Ruby, Python and Bash.
- You will spend most of your time on automating these servers deployments and configuration, researching possible solutions for complex technical problems, having discussions with colleagues and clients about requirements and the best solutions.
- Infrastructure as Code / Configuration Management (e.g.: Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- CI/CD (e.g.: Jenkins, Rundeck, Bitbucket pipelines, etc)
- Integrations tests (Inspec tests)
- TDD/BDD Unit testing (Mocha, rspec)
- Bash shell scripting
- Databases (SQL Server, NoSQL, MySQL)
- Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- From a personal perspective, you are customer focused, accustomed to context switching in a fast paced environment. It is important to have a can-do mentality, focus on results and a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
- You are an expert with Infrastructure as a code
- You are a skilled Linux Engineer.
- You have affinity with software development
- You have an automation/configuration management mindset (Knowledge of using a DevOps toolset: Puppet, Rundeck, Terraform, and Packer is a pre)
- You have good understanding of basic infrastructure elements, such as networking (switches, firewalls, load balancing), DNS, DHCP, Directory Services, database and storage solutions
- Preferably you have sound knowledge on cloud concepts and deployments (Kubernetes and Rancher is a pre)
- Preferably you have experience with working in an Agile DevOps environment
- You have good command of the English language, both spoken and written.