Over deze vacature
For VDL, we are looking for an Electronics Hardware Designer.
You will be responsible for defining requirements, designing hardware specification, which includes PCB schematics design, PCB (layout) routing and building & maintaining the component library. As Electronics Hardware Designer you will play a central role in our electronics department regarding PCB design and in eventual integration of printed circuit boards in our systems. You are the first point of contact for questions regarding design, testing and integration. In the projects, you work together with the electronics architect and designers of all disciplines (software, mechatronics, mechanics).
Furthermore you are responsible for:
- Schematic design, documentation and entry
- Key component selection (including FPGA)
- PCB layout
- Carrying out simulations wrt signal integrity
- Component management
- Testing and debugging of boards
- Design for testability (DFT)
- Implementing and testing high speed communication links.
This position is based in the Electronics group of VDL ETG Technology & Development. In this position you will report to the Groupleader Electronics.
Our company is responsible for designing and producing high-tech machines and machine modules. We are expanding our business, therefore we are looking for an Electronics designer.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor Degree or master degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in PCB/PCA design.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Designer and Layout or comparable tooling
- Experience with digital and/or analog electronics
- Basic knowledge about board manufacturing flows
- Good in time management and setting priorities
- Team player, analytical, pragmatic, creative and pro-active
- Good communication skills and proficient in English and preferably in Dutch.
- Ambition for a broad personal development in the technology field.
- Experience with mechatronics is a plus!