Attractive conditions (direct hiring at DAF possible after one year)
Over deze vacature
Are you an automotive engineer with (preferably) a completed master degree, experience in the field of testing and specific knowledge/ experience in the field of noise, vibration and harshness? Then this is the ideal position for you!
The most important activities in the Component Testing department relate to the (subject) areas of service life and strength of structural and driving parts, vibrations (noise and comfort), occurring loads in/on vehicle components under practical conditions, correlation between test conditions and practice and crash resistance of structures.
As a Test Engineer you are responsible for independently setting up, preparing, conducting and reporting tests (tests, measurements) carried out on test installations designed by you or with test vehicles. The tests to be carried out are usually part of a total test program that has been drawn up for a development project and will have to be realized within the project conditions. You are then responsible for the entire organization of a number of tests, including determining the test or measurement programs.
The test results must be assessed with regard to product requirements formulated in a development project and with regard to standard “Sign Off” requirements or requirements, which you must derive yourself from a description of the practical deployment of the vehicle at customers.
In this position you not only assess the structures for their properties, but you also provide the quantified information that a constructor needs when creating his design. In addition, you advise the constructors from your field in choosing the tests. The tests will therefore fit the test program to the maximum and contribute to the reduction of risks.
You support the total development process with initiative and decisive action in the event of imminent problems. When you identify a shortcoming of the designs, you go in search of suitable solutions in consultation with the design managers.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc., the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Applied Physics
- Knowledge of acoustics/vibrations, statistics, vehicle dynamics and/or control technology
- Able to convert technical "challenges" into test conditions or measurement programs
- Independently, but you can also work in a team
- Decisive, enthusiastic and has a driven collegial attitude
- Good communication skills (Dutch and English required). German a plus