Attractive conditions (Direct DAF-contract possible after one year)
Via YER, In dienst van YER
Over deze vacature
Are you a junior design engineer with knowledge of engines and/or after treatment systems? And would you like to develop yourself to a mechanical expert in this field during the coming years? Then this is the ideal position for you!
As Design Engineer - After treatment Hardware you are responsible for in-production and future projects products for the European and North American markets.
- Develop new and adapt existing after treatment components, in cooperation with internal stakeholders and external suppliers;
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability;
- Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle;
- Performing all required DFSS deliverables within the project, according Six Sigma principles, including requirement and validation definition;
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning (both external and internal deliverables) and releases in line with project milestones;
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management.
- As After treatment Hardware Engineer you report to the Supervisor of the After treatment Hardware group.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc., the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree in the direction of Mechanical, Mechatronics or Engine/Automotive Engineering
- 0-3 years of experience in a product development environment, preferable related to engines after treatment systems (EAS)
- Good English skills are mandatory; Dutch skills are a plus
- Strong analytical skills as well as fast in depth knowledge built-up
- A strong team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects thanks to strong organization skills and a problem solving and result driven personality
- CAD knowledge (Siemens Unigraphics/NX) is a pre