Attractive conditions (Direct DAF-contract possible after one year)
Over deze vacature
Are you an engineer with experience in (model based) automotive software development? Do you want to make an impact on the future of automotive software and contribute to the latest trends in the automotive world? Then this is the ideal position for you!
You will be part of an experienced international team of the Platform Development group of DAF Embedded Engineering that is located at an awesome new office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Their full model based software development process is unique in the industry.
Embedded Engineering is primarily located in Eindhoven and has an office in Pune, India and has over 120 highly skilled people today. Together we deliver world-class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers. Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA. The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales their products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers.
The automotive industry is changing rapidly and our organization needs to keep up with the latest trends. Software becomes more important than ever. In order to strengthen our Embedded Engineering organization, we are looking for a Software Test Design Engineer who wants to make an impact on the future of automotive.
- Responsible for the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem and component as part of a user story/feature; understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture
- Designs for (manual and automated) testability
- Participates in the planning and retrospective processes during scrum rituals
- Identifies impediments and sorts them out (with support from the scrum master where required)
- Collaborates, supports and guides other team members towards achieving team goals (collaboration and knowledge sharing)
- Executes on the definition of done and ensures minimum build failure on account of integration issues, and acts quickly when failures are detected
- As an Embedded Software Engineer you will report to the supervisor Platform Development - Software Engineering
- Hack on whatever you want during our bi-annual hackathons
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- You have a Bachelor or a Master Degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Soft skills: Ability to collaborate well in teams and across, managing conflicts, indepenent, accountable and self-organizing
- A proactive work style and adapt to change
- Some experience with model based software environments such as Simulink and knowledge of development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Preferably experience with automotive standards such as ISO26262 and with developing AUTOSAR Software Components
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form; willing to learn the Dutch language
- And last but not least: willing to learn and show perseverance