Excellent remuneration package
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
A great opportunity for a strategically oriented candidate with outstanding analytical and (indirect) leadership skills to be part of a company in transformation. You will face many interesting and challenging topics that allow you to add value to the globally recognised, growing and one-of-a-kind retail furniture concept of IKEA.
You can send in your application until Sunday March 1, 2020. Interviews at the YER office in Rotterdam will take place from Monday February 24 until Friday March 6. An (online) assessment will be part of the procedure.
The IKEA vision is “to create a better everyday life for the many people” by offering a range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low as many people as possible will be able to afford them. In order to remain affordable and accessible to the many, while at the same time adapting to a changing retail environment, IKEA is gearing up for the future. The growth and development of the IKEA business is secured through a franchise system. IKEA franchisees operate IKEA stores and other sales channels, while Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the owner of the IKEA concept and the worldwide IKEA franchisor.
In this position, you are part of the Inter IKEA Group and you will report to the Group Finance Manager. Group Finance is responsible for navigating the financial performance and positions of Inter IKEA Group, setting group-wide policies and standards, and supporting the Core Businesses with specialist knowledge in the areas of corporate strategy, financial planning, reporting, tax, treasury, insurance and corporate finance. Your major stakeholders will be:
- Senior finance executives in the core businesses
- Business teams involved in day-to-day operations (sales, supply chain, etc.)
- Strategic transformation team
- IT/business intelligence teams
Together you will build trusting relationships with all stakeholders relevant for corporate strategy, financial planning, internal control and reporting. You will work collaboratively across organisational and geographical boundaries. You will make a crucial contribution to the roll-out of IKEA's new strategic objectives. Your major responsibilities will be:
- Understanding, controlling and providing insights into the financial aspects of the IKEA value chain across the various companies in the franchise system
- Defining KPIs within a performance framework based on the strategic objectives
- Establishing control of the transformation process. Ability to model the long and short term impact of changes within the business. And to estimate risks
- Developing and implementing performance measurement and management, linking business performance to the financial system (SAP BPC)
- Building a driver-based scenario-planning model, enabling long and short-term scenario, working capital and liquidity planning
- Conducting analyses on new markets, countries and franchisees to support expansion plans
- Conducting cost analyses with regard to the various sales channels (retail store, online, etc.) and suggesting initiatives for improvement
- Effectively communicating frameworks, goals, priorities and all other relevant information to key stakeholders
- Representing Group Finance in relevant meetings, projects and working groups
Inter IKEA Group is the group of companies that connects IKEA franchisees with range development and suppliers, and aligns the overall IKEA strategic direction. All to create a better everyday life for the many people.
The Group consists of three core businesses: Franchise, Range & Supply and Industry. The three core businesses work together with franchisees and suppliers to co-create an even better IKEA offer and franchise system. Inter IKEA Group aims to provide the best possible conditions for implementing and operating the IKEA Concept, and to create a strong platform for growth.
Read more about Inter IKEA Group at: www.about.IKEA.com
Inter IKEA Group offers a unique place to work due to the strong culture and shared values across the IKEA brand. In each and every IKEA unit you visit around the world, you will find colleagues with the same IKEA values.
You will get the opportunity to be part of an outstanding, stimulating and pleasant work environment, where transformation and optimisation are very important topics.
Additionally, they offer:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Flexible working hours
- Growth and development opportunity
- Working close to operations, above their Delft store, in a typical IKEA-style office
- Regular but not excessive travel through Europe (about 10%)
For this position, it is crucial that the candidate – you – excel in indirect leadership, through which you apply stakeholder management to prompt the organisation to action. The following criteria are important as well:
- Successfully completed academic education in finance, business administration or similar field. A postgraduate qualification such as an MBA or RC is a plus
- Experience working in a complex, matrix-driven organisation in a position at the interface of strategy, finance and business intelligence
- Consultancy background is a plus, such as in strategy consulting or with a ‘Big 4’ advisory firm
- You are a visionary, are well informed as to the long-term objectives and can effectively translate these into action points for the near term
- Very strong economic and financial analytical skills
- Experience with financial modelling in a transformative environment
- Persistence, patience and powers of persuasion
- Empathy and organisational sensitivity
- Flexibility, change-oriented and highly energetic
- Experience with leading and managing co-workers in an international and culturally diverse work environment
- Strong and proven indirect leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of financial planning and analysis solutions (preferably SAP BPC) and solid hands-on capabilities in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written)