In dienst van opdrachtgever
Consultancy & HR
Over deze vacature
Managing Accounting at innovative international company.
The Verisure Finance Team Netherlands is looking for an Manager Accounting to enable the business at Verisure, ensuring a solid financial plan, adequate capital, and a financial strategy focused on driving long-term stakeholder value. The Manager Accounting is responsible for supporting the timely and accurate delivery of monthly financial statements for Verisure Netherlands, a wholly owned subsidiary of a growing international company.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for all recurring accounting duties, including A/P, A/R, accurate reporting of all financial transactions, monthly close process and general ledger
- Reconcile and analyse balance sheet accounts
- Review and analyse income statement for appropriate GL, department and project coding
- Prepare month and journal entries
- Track fixed assets by type and location and record related monthly depreciation
- Assist with intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with local statutory accounting rules
- Prepare audit schedules for external auditors
- Participate in the development and documentation of accounting policies and procedures
- Supervise, train and mentor staff accountants
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures
- Play an active role in system enhancements and upgrades
- Perform other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned
Verisure has nearly 3 million customers in 16 countries across Europe and Latin America. The Verisure business model integrates product development, design and sales with installation, service and a 24/7 professional monitoring solution. Thanks to a strong focus on high quality, the company’s customers are amongst the most satisfied and loyal in the industry. The Verisure group has grown to be the second largest home alarm provider in the world and is on average 3.5 times the size of its nearest competitor across its footprint. The company is part of the Hellman & Friedman investment portfolio.
The Verisure products and services protect millions of families and businesses every day. Each is built around innovations that respond to new technological capabilities, customer needs and market insights. Verisure stays one-step ahead, finding solutions and improvements in everything they do, to prevent or solve problems for each Verisure customer.
Verisure bases its products and services on the utmost commitment to customers by supplying the most advanced technology on the market. The goal: to give customers the peace of mind they need and deserve.
The quality of service that Verisure offers is the fruit of efforts from many professionals who work at top speed to offer security and protection to your home and business.
Verisure always is on the cutting edge of technology to give its customers the most sophisticated and comprehensive services on the market.
- Attractive remuneration
- Working in an international high paced environment
- Career opportunities
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other related field
- 5-8 years of general ledger accounting experience preferred, possibly at Manager level Big4 or reporting experience at multinational
- Experience with accounting by department and job
- Strong understanding of Dutch GAAP
- Good skills in IT (Excel required, and Oracle preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organization and ability to maintain detailed records
- Attention for detail, high accuracy and dedicated professional worker with flexible attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication in English
We are looking for someone who is:
- A self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects and process improvements under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
- A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
- Curious and enthusiastic, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo