Legal & Tax, Finance
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
As Payroll Administrator you are responsible for processing payroll, remitting payroll taxes and government reporting as well as preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll statements. You will also ensure compliance with government regulations, establishing and implementing policies on matters such as payroll advancements to employees. In this role you report into the country HR Lead.
- Ensuring all payroll transactions are processed efficiently;
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information;
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages and reporting on this;
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income, social security taxes, employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments;
- Resolving payroll discrepancies;
- Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures;
- Developing ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed;
- Respond to employee and manager payroll-related queries;
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Why Univar Solutions
Today's customers and suppliers need more from their chemical and ingredients distributor. To innovate and grow, they need an ally—a collaborative expert who can help save time and effort from their processes, formulate breakthrough products, optimize their logistics, and improve safety and sustainability.
- Executional excellence keeps you steps ahead
- Unmatched expertise to drive solutions
- Advanced platforms for smarter supplying, simpler sourcing
- More choice and value-added services to help you innovate and grow
- Intermediate-level university education or equivalent ability
- 5 years working experience in Payroll (affinity with and knowledge of the sector and environment in which Univar operates is a pre)
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French
- Great attention to detail
- You are analytically strong with excellent Excel-skills
- Strong communication skill
- You have a can do mentality and like to get things done
- You have strong organizational skills and are able to easily adapt and prioritize under changing circumstances
Key competencies and behaviours
Identifies goals, carries out activities and works focused to achieve the desired results. Sets challenging targets for her/his own work. Maintains focus on the target even when difficulties arise on the way.
Plans, organizes and prioritizes her/his work effectively. Builds structures that others can work from. Sets up reasonable deadlines and hold on to them.
Works well with other people, acts sensitively and attentively to the views of others, skills and accomplishments of others. Identifies and develops relationships in the group.
Takes the initiative and comes up with new proposals for ways of working. Starts activities toward a desired result. Arguments and explains why the activities is to be carried out.