Depends on experience
Over deze vacature
We are… Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations. Their purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Together we can… As a Senior Cyber Security Engineer, you work closely with the other Security engineers in the team, you will be challenged to leverage your technical security, tooling and process expertise, along with your ability to engage with IT stakeholders in order to ensure a process of continual improvement of the Cyber Security Services for the Security Operations Center (SOC) is maintained.
You will report directly to the Cyber Security Engineering Manager of the Security Operations Center. You will work closely with the members of the other teams in the SOC (Vulnerability management, Threat Intelligence, Incident management, Data Loss Prevention and Operational readiness) as well as the people within IT to make sure the SOC services are available and up to date.
Key responsibilities in this role are:
- To design and deliver the SOC services (Vulnerability management, Threat Intelligence, Incident management, Data Loss Prevention and Operational readiness) by:
- Establishing day-to-day maintenance activities (e.g. health checks, changes, incident response, software and hardware updates, performance tracking and status reporting) for the Security tools;
- Participate in the identification, development, documentation, and implementation of new security services and improvements of the existing services;
- Design and develop automation on the security tools and ticketing system to increase the detection and alerting speed and to ensure shorter response times within the IT Security Operations;
- Assist and support the SOC analysts with on-demand tooling solutions and emergency IT-tooling capabilities, in major security incidents;
- Design, build and maintain integration interfaces with security tooling and other IT-services, on order to support the integrate and automate journey leading to a fully SOAR’ed SOC;
- Stay engaged with new security and infrastructure developments and help to introduce new concepts, technologies, and products relevant to the SOC services;
- Act as liaison between the SOC and other relevant disciplines and domains (within IT, e.g. Datacenter, Networking, Applications), for piloting, implementation and maintaining the SOC Services;
- In-depth knowledge of preventative, detective and responsive security concepts, technology, solutions and processes and their integration in the IT infrastructure and organization ;
- Analytical, solution and service oriented;
- Familiar with programming and scripting languages, like C++, Perl, PHP, Bash, SQL;
- Passionate with Information Security, respectfully assertive, accurate and flexible;
- Ability to be concise and clear in communication;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Ability to work well in a team to accomplish a departmental objective.
Light isn’t just something to see by. It can lift our senses, heighten our mood, improve our well-being and give us a real sense of time and place. The right lighting even improves our ability to learn and speeds our recovery from illness. In short, it has a fundamental impact on how we live. That’s why at Philips Lighting our mission is to ‘simply enhance life with light’.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years in administering a multi-OS (Windows and Linux/Unix) IT infrastructure environment, with minimal 3+ years Linux/Unix;
- CISSP, GIAC, CEH or similar Information Security certification;
- Experienced and effective in collaboration in international, multidisciplinary teams;
- Deep knowledge of IT / Information Security Technology, Tooling and processes;
- Subject Matter Expert in designing, implementing and maintaining IT technology infrastructures in general and IT security solutions in particular;
- An out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging situations and presents alternatives including recommendations that best fit the environment;
- Knowledge and understanding of IT Security architecture, cyber-attack methods, and actors.