Attractive salary, based on knowledge and experience
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
For the department Engine Hardware & Design we are looking for a Development Engineer in the domain of Exhaust Gas Recirculation System Components.
In this position you report to the supervisor of the FIETU group & to the lead design engineer of the project you work on. As a development engineer you have a variety of responsibilities:
- In cooperation with designers and suppliers you develop new or adapt existing components for application on future engine families.
- Your focus is functionality reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
- You are leading in technical know-how & solutions, setting up validation programs for your component.
- You define this together with suppliers, the CAE- and engine test department.
- You analysis results and make detailed technical proposals.
- You are pro-actively pushing for the next steps until SOP, including involvement in PPAP and supplier sign off activities.
- Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques.
DAF Product Development Engines Department within the PACCAR Inc. the DAF Trucks Engine Development department is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system), Base engine, Engine Aftertreatment Hardware and Engine Auxiliaries. In the FIETU group currently there is a vacancy for a development engineer concerning Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system components like the flex pipes, down pipe, EGR cooler etc. You will join a team with 2 other colleagues responsible for EGR system components.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a permanent contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree on mechanical or engine engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Capable of fast in depth expertise for component knowledge built-up
- Able to develop & validate a product together with DAF engineering and the supplier
- Used to handle multiple problem projects and the resulting stress.
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
- Clear level dependent communication, both verbal as presentation wise
- Pro-active and result driven, organizational skills
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive [Engine HW] or Engine Combustion knowledge is very beneficial