Attractive salary, based on knowledge and experience
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
For DAF Trucks, we are looking for a calibration engineer for the development of the engine performance of their new generation heavy duty diesel engines.
As an engine performance calibration engineer you will be part of a team which calibrates our best in class engines for optimal performance under all conditions within the defined constraints.
- Development of engine performance in order to meet development targets.
- Development of HD diesel engines with focus on application of engine ECU functions and engines controllers to meet future emission regulations.
- Planning, preparation and supervision of engine tests on engine dyno’s
- Application support for vehicle related engine application.
- Documentation and evaluation of testing results
- Development of problem solutions and realization of solutions in close cooperation with internal and external development partners.
- Collaboration in project teams.
As an engine performance calibration engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor of the System Calibration team.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc., the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
DAF Engine Development is the centre of competence for heavy-duty diesel engine development within PACCAR. DAF is driven to provide environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for their customers. Within the engine development department, the system calibration group is responsible for optimization and calibration of new developed engines.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a permanent contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor of Master degree on Mechanical Engineering with specialization on internal combustion engines.
- Detailed knowledge in the field of thermodynamics, combustion and control engineering
- At least 3 years of diesel engine application experience preferably on HD truck engines
- Experience of handling application tools and setup of communication between application tools and engine ECU’s.
- First practical experience on diesel engine – exhaust after treatment (EAS) interaction (SCR, DPF).
- Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams.
- Enthusiasm to deal with complex engine-EAS systems and to take much pleasure in development of solutions for complex technical problems.
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with willingness to learn Dutch.