Depending on knowledge and experience
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
We are currently looking for an Energy Management Specialist for a company that develops full-electric vehicles.
Our society is becoming more sustainable and clean. The conventional bus with combustion engine therefore does not fit into the existing streetscape. For public transport, this leads to transition from conventional powertrains (diesel) to alternative drives (hybrid and electric). This development in public transport creates new challenges related to the climate control, the range of the vehicle, the energy supply of the bus and the scheduling of the bus (e.g. for breaks for charging). As an energy management specialist you will develop simulation models to improve the bus design, do more accurate range estimation and to improve driving range.
- Study the product requirement and specifications and investigate the feasibility of new concepts
- Come up with description of the bus components and design requirements and specifications
- Modelling of the (new) components to investigate energy efficiency, controlling and passenger and driver comfort
- Develop smart controls for the auxiliaries, HVAC units, batteries and driveline to improve energy efficiency, controlling and passenger and driver comfort
- Perform detailed analysis of components by modelling for function approval, validation and verification
- Contribute to system roadmaps on bus components
- Develop energy management strategies for the bus to improve energy efficiency, controlling and passenger and driver comfort
- You periodically report and discuss your progress and goals to the aerodynamics and energy specialist
Our client focuses on research, development and testing of new concepts and technologies, in particular for transport-related activities. The objective is to develop environmentally friendly and innovative hardware and software solutions in the field of electric transport (E-mobility), battery technology, charging infrastructure, energy storage, automated guided vehicles (AGVs), and guidance & navigation technology.
The department Concept Development is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of new techniques, products and modules for all kind of transport solutions. The department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Lightweight, Aerodynamics, Climate, Noise and Vibrations, Design and Energy Management. In multi-disciplinary project teams we specify, design and develop new concepts. Examples of these projects can be varying from whole new transport concepts, new models but for example also new concepts for climate control, smart controlling of the vehicles or light weights modules. Our client sources, develops, produces prototypes and does extensive testing for the new concepts and products related to mobility solutions.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech transport solutions
- Dynamic environment
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to connect mechanical development with production- and test-environment
- You will be a part of the international industrial family business, where continuity is paramount.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client in the region of Eindhoven. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- A master's degree in engineering
- Experience with mechanical design principles, dynamic behaviour, transport phenomena and material properties
- Experience with Matlab Simulink, AMEsim or related (physical) modelling tools
- Knowledge of in the area of energy management and controls and systems
- Abstract thinking, out-of-the box thinking, analytical attitude
- Effective communication with all levels and disciplines. Clear and structured way of reporting
- Able to challenge others, to come up with even better ideas
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language is preferred
- Team spirit and cooperative attitude