Max. € 70,000
Over deze vacature
Do you want to play a key role in developing the next generation diesel engines?
On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) is a precision-based technology embedded into PACCAR’s world-class diesel engines. It is a digital communication system that provides a real-time snapshot of Engine and Aftertreatment performance to aid service technicians during repair. On-Board Diagnostics is about making a global impact while examining the tradeoffs between certification and robustness.
- All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today
- Always looking for Continuous Improvement to give the best product for our customers
- Calibration of Diagnostics related to comprehensive components (temperature and pressure sensors) for aftertreatment systems to ensure that DAF's engine development is compliant to OBD regulations and DAF's product specification book
- Specify and monitor interaction between different development teams for involved components and associated diagnostics
- Perform calibration and verification activities on engine and vehicle level
- Support Field data analysis for statistical analysis of these calibrations
- Support the OBD certification process
- Development of tools to control, maintain and optimize calibration processes (DOE/Simulations/HIL) and documentation.
As OBD Calibration Engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor OBD & Legislation.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Master degree in automotive or mechanical engineering with a specialization in the field of internal combustion/ diesel engines or aftertreatment systems
- Knowledge of- and/or interest in OBD regulations and OBD systems
- Familiar with operating principles of automotive pressure and temperature sensors and their interface with control units
- Good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink, data processing tools and MS-Office skills are mandatory
- Knowledge about Statistics is required
- Good English skills are mandatory and willingness to learn Dutch
- Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams.