Manufacturing, Education, High Tech
Over deze vacature
We are currently looking for a new colleague to fill in the position of Integrated Antenna Designer in the Radar Technology department within the Defense, Safety and Security unit of TNO. At the Radar Technology department we passionately work on technological breakthroughs for state-of-the-art RF sensor systems. As Integrated Antenna Designer you'll be designing novel antennas, antenna feeding structures and (passive) microwave components, typically in the frequency range of 1 GHz to 40 GHz, that are closely integrated with other microwave (Integrated Circuit) components. Examples of antennas and components you will be contributing to include antenna solution integrated within an IC package, phased array type antennas, leaky lens antennas, (integrated) filters, diplexers, etc. Such antennas and components target next generation radar systems, communication systems and scientific instrumentation.
TNO’s radar technology department will be collaborating closely with the new Chip Integration Technology Center (CITC) in Nijmegen. One of CITC’s program lines focusses on antenna-in-package integration, integrating multiple modules and functions within a single IC package. The candidate selected for this vacancy will be interacting closely with the CITC and contributing to this program line, and will be partly based in Nijmegen.
Are you one of the best academic graduates who recently obtained a Master of Science or a PhD in electrical engineering with focus on electromagnetic modeling and simulation and antenna design? Are you up to being challenged in an environment that is among the top in the world? Are you excited at the prospect of working with experienced colleagues on the development, design and testing of cutting edge of integrated antenna and component solutions? If so, we offer a stimulating environment with world-renowned experts and career opportunities that match what you do best - today and in the future.
TNO connects people and knowledge to create innovations that boost the competitive strength of industry and the well-being of society in a sustainable way. This is our mission and it is what drives us in our work every day. TNO is an independent research organisation that employs some 3,000 specialists. We believe in the joint creation of economic and social value. Our strategy is a reflection of the trends we observe in society and technology.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to TNO. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- You have studied electrical engineering, or recently obtained a PhD, with focus on antenna design / electromagnetic modelling.
- You have hands-on experience with at least a subset of relevant design tools such as HFSS, CST, FEKO, ADS, and with programming tools such as Matlab.
- Experience with antenna measurement techniques is a plus.
- You are able to proactively work in an experienced design team, can handle the pressures of design deadlines, and are passionately driven to realize working products.