Sales, Marketing & Communication
In dienst van opdrachtgever
As Director Business Development Catalysis you will identify sales leads/new business and translate these into solutions for customers in the international (petro)chemical, refinery and renewables sector, making in this way the technology of Avantium available for customers.
Besides, you are responsible for some of Avantium’s key accounts. You develop the account strategy for the relevant key accounts, aimed at sustainable profitable growth, and you are responsible for its implementation. You develop and maintain strong relationships, and expand the network within the relevant account (to boardroom level) in order to optimally influence key stakeholders and maximize sales.
Your work is based on solid market research and a proactive approach in developing a strategically strong network in business (also including suitable agencies or consultancies) as well as in academic world. You will conduct negotiations on terms of the contracts and quotes. By linking the company’s R&D technologies to market opportunities, you will contribute significantly to the future vision of Avantium.
You will report to the VP Business Development.
Avantium is a Euronext listed technology development company and a forerunner in renewable chemistry, with head office located in Amsterdam, and a solid financial position. The company also has pilot plants in Delfzijl and Geleen.
Avantium Catalysis, one of the three Business Units of Avantium, specializes in innovations and technologies to accelerate R&D Catalysis. Catalysis support companies in reaching their sustainability, profitability and growth targets by providing unique technology and catalysis research expertise. Through its R&D Services business, Avantium has enabled its customers to make numerous catalyst inventions and develop chemical processes. Avantium’s Systems business supplies tailored advanced catalyst R&D systems to customers’ R&D laboratories.
Avantium Catalysis co-operates with blue chip customers in the (petro)chemical, refinery & renewables industries by offering unique solutions in contract research and/or hardware/software capabilities directly in the customer’s labs. Avantium Catalysis has broad chemical application knowledge, and industry experts on board with extensive experience at major companies in the oil, gas, coal, chemical and renewable sector, and thus understand the challenges of the customers. The project teams work together with the customer to supply fast, accurate and reliable catalyst performance information in joint research projects.
Avantium Catalysis offers three specific types of solutions:
- R&D Systems (advanced high-throughput catalyst testing systems, installations of reactor equipment for catalysis R&D at industrial conditions, including maintenance and service contracts)
- R&D Services (contract research projects for the industry, tailored to specific applications)
- Refinery Catalyst Testing (best-practice testing programs in order to select the best catalyst for any refinery application)
The professionals of Avantium are very highly educated and experienced, representing over 20 nationalities, and the culture can be described as a typical start-up culture: pragmatic, enterprising, innovative, dedicated, with a can-do mentality.
- Full time employment of 40 hours per week
- 25 vacation days
- A good remuneration
- Bonus up to a maximum of 15% of the gross annual salary, depending on company and department targets
- Possibility of flexible working hours
- Personal development as investment in own development through training and coaching
- Fine and passionate colleagues in an innovative, cohesive organization
- Academic Master’s degree, preferably in the field of Chemistry
- In depth understanding of and affinity with Catalysis Science & Technology
- You need at least 5 years international sales/business development experience in the field of R&D solutions, providing contract research projects or equipment
- Demonstrable experience in managing a large account
- You have a strong sales drive and pioneering attitude, energetic, enthusiastic, open, focused, performance driven
- Excellent networker, enterprising and socially strong
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Willing to travel (a.o. to Middle East)