Quality & Safety, Engineering, Public
Interim / ZZP
Recreational, Food, Feed & Pharma
Over deze vacature
We have a fantastic new opportunity Regulatory Officer to join our team at Body & Fit. Reporting into the Quality Assurance Manager you will be accountable for ensuring private label products meet regulatory requirements for food within international markets. You will support the Quality Assurance Manager, who is accountable for Regulatory Compliance. You will maintain a working knowledge of certain country regulatory requirements as required, including emerging legislation, to ensure that products are compliant with a main focus on performance nutrition.
In this position you are also responsible for supporting the Quality Assurance Manager during interactions with country regulators as required – or on occasion representing Body & Fit on those interactions and managing any local regulatory issues e.g. complaints. You will have access and periodic support of a wider network of Regulatory staff within Glanbia Performance Nutrition (GPN) which acquired Body & Fit in 2017.
- Act as an internal expert on the relevant regulations in the various markets as required and provide guidance and advice to internal stakeholders (e.g. R&D, Marketing) on a range of issues including the suitability and compliance of our product range on a product level for sale in those markets
- Liaise with wider GPN regulatory network to leverage knowledge and expertise
- Liaise with in-country regulatory advisers as required on specific issues
- Make recommendations to the Quality Assurance Manager on the course of action that should be taken in specific markets regarding food safety and food quality and regulation by using a risk-based approach
- Using your knowledge of the relevant market and food legislation, identify and resolve issues and advise stakeholders in a commercially pragmatic but compliant manner
- Inform the overall Body & Fit approach to quality by providing insight and expertise on quality and regulatory issues (including changes) relating to country-specific legislation to the Quality Assurance Manager
- Act on behalf of Body & Fit in regards to food safety/quality /regulatory issues with relevant authorities as appropriate or support the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager on such issues, including preparing responses
- Advise Marketing on the relevant rules which apply in relation to other legislation such as packaging/REACH/advertising e.g. decide whether labels should be amended with immediate action
- Organise and co-ordinate temporary projects
- Monitor emerging legislation and upstream new legislation, making recommendations to the Quality Assurance Manager on required changes
- Monitor Body & Fit website periodically for alignment of statements and claims with regulations
Body & Fit has been active in the sports nutrition, nutritional supplements and diet products market for over twenty years. Having started in 1995 with a small shop in Zwolle, the Netherlands, we now have more than 210 employees. We have quickly become the largest online player in the field of sports nutrition, supplements, Smart Food and diets in the BeNeLux region and are growing in the UK, Germany and France too!
We receive 5* customer rating on many of our product lines and offer customers a secure website with award-winning customer experience, for all those interested in pursuing a healthy lifestyle. In addition to great products, expert advice is available from our panel of nutritional experts who are available to all customers in real time through phone, live chat, social media or email.
Body & Fit sits within the Performance Nutrition division of Glanbia plc. Glanbia Performance Nutrition (GPN) is one of the world’s largest sports nutrition brand family well known for brands such as Optimum Nutrition, BSN, Amazing Grass, Slimfast and Think! Glanbia employs over 6,000 people across 34 countries and our products are sold or distributed in over 130 countries with an annual turnover of €2.4 billion.
At Body & Fit we distinguish ourselves through a combination of quality, innovation and price. As a market leader in the sector, we are constantly evolving and would like to see you join us on this exciting journey!
Why join Body & Fit?
- The opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced business that is currently evolving!
- Health, fitness, bike plan, travel allowance and pension benefits
- A generous Body & Fit company discount!
- The chance to be part of Glanbia Performance Nutrition, a global performance nutrition brand family with an emerging presence in lifestyle nutrition.
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills including the ability to write management and technical reports for external third parties
- Relationship management skills including the ability to work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to influence at all levels of the company
- Resilience and integrity
- A continuous improvement mind-set to identify and implement changes and improvements regarding quality
- Pragmatic approach and the ability to translate and operationalise regulations