Quality & Safety, Engineering
Recreational, Food, Feed & Pharma
Over deze vacature
We have a great opportunity for a Labelling Compliance Specialist to join our team at Body & Fit. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that product and web-site labels for the items are compliant and keeping up to date product specifications of food and food supplements.
You will work within a team of multiple label specialists where ensuring a compliant translation of product specific information onto a product label takes place. You will also be responsible for ensuring that B&F supplements are notified in relevant markets, for correct labelling of B&F foods and supplements, as well as correct labelling of other branded web-site labels. You will have access and periodic support of a wider network of Regulatory staff within Glanbia Performance Nutrition (GPN) which acquired Body & Fit in 2017.
- Act as an internal expert on the relevant regulations in the various markets as required and provide guidance and advice to internal stakeholders (e.g. R&D, Marketing) on a range of issues including the suitability and compliance of our product range on a product level for sale in those markets
- Liaise with wider GPN regulatory network to leverage knowledge and expertise
- Liaise with in-country regulatory advisers as required on specific issues
- Make recommendations to the Quality Assurance Manager on the course of action that should be taken in specific markets regarding food safety and food quality and regulation by using a risk-based approach
- Using your knowledge of the relevant market and food legislation, identify and resolve issues and advise stakeholders in a commercially pragmatic but compliant manner
- Inform the overall Body & Fit approach to quality by providing insight and expertise on quality and regulatory issues (including changes) relating to country-specific legislation to the Quality Assurance Manager
- Act on behalf of Body & Fit in regards to food safety / quality /regulatory issues with relevant authorities as appropriate or support the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager on such issues, including preparing responses
- Advise Marketing on the relevant rules that apply in relation to other legislation such as packaging/REACH/advertising e.g. decide whether labels should be amended with immediate action
- Organise and co-ordinate temporary projects
- Monitor emerging legislation and upstream new legislation, making recommendations to the Quality Assurance Manager on required changes
- Monitor Body & Fit website periodically for alignment of statements and claims with regulations
Body & Fit has been active in the sports nutrition, nutritional supplements and diet products market for over twenty years. Having started in 1995 with a small shop in Zwolle, the Netherlands, we now have more than 210 employees. We have quickly become the largest online player in the field of sports nutrition, supplements, Smart Food and diets in the Benelux region and are growing in the UK, Germany and France too!
We receive 5* customer rating on many of our product lines and offer customers a secure website with award-winning customer experience, for all those interested in pursuing a healthy lifestyle. In addition to great products, expert advice is available from our panel of nutritional experts who are available to all customers in real time through phone, live chat, social media or email.
Body & Fit sits within the Performance Nutrition division of Glanbia plc. Glanbia Performance Nutrition (GPN) is one of the world’s largest sports nutrition brand family well known for brands such as Optimum Nutrition, BSN, Amazing Grass, Slimfast and Think! Glanbia employs over 6,000 people across 34 countries and our products are sold or distributed in over 130 countries with an annual turnover of €2.4 billion.
At Body & Fit we distinguish ourselves through a combination of quality, innovation and price. As a market leader in the sector, we are constantly evolving and would like to see you join us on this exciting journey!
Why join Body & Fit?
- The opportunity to develop your career in a fast-paced business that is currently evolving!
- Health, fitness, bike plan, travel allowance and pension benefits
- A generous Body & Fit company discount!
- The chance to be part of Glanbia Performance Nutrition, a global performance nutrition brand family with an emerging presence in lifestyle nutrition
- Higher education mbo/hbo/MSc degree in Food (Law, Regulatory Affairs) or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role in the food industry regarding technical and regulatory information in the Dutch or International markets
- Fluent verbal and written English and Dutch
- Knowledgeable on the intervention policy of the authorities of at least one other European country (other than the Netherlands)
- Expertise in general administrative law in the Netherlands and the potential penalties for a violation
- Knowledge of food supplements, herbs or botanicals
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills including the ability to write management and technical reports for external third parties
- Relationship management skills including the ability to work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to influence at all levels of the company
- Resilience and integrity
- A continuous improvement mind-set to identify and implement changes and improvements regarding quality
- Pragmatic approach and the ability to translate and operationalise regulations