Over deze vacature
As a support engineer within the Engineering IT Services Hardware group you are providing 1st and 2nd line support to ASML’s Research and Development organization, in particular the electronics designers and analytics engineers. The engineering environment is used by more than 8000 research and development engineers, worldwide.
When working as a support engineer at ASML you will have the opportunity to grow in your job and improve your skills in the following areas:
- Focus on multi-disciplinary Engineering processes and Technical Computing/Analytics applications
- Support Engineering processes, assist with Design questions and Application support (knowledgeable support desk)
- Take ownership on reported issues, and escalate when needed
- Work in close alignment on a team of multiple support engineers
Context of the position
At ASML they invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for their chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. ASML's headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is EIS (Engineering IT Services); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. They ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. They also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT EIS supports three development disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. As an IT Engineering
Support Engineer you will be active in the Hardware/Electrical Engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
You will be part of the Engineering IT Services HW team consisting of more than 30 people, with 6 support engineers.
- Intake of end-user calls via phone, mail or support system; align with end-users on issue definition
- Handle support calls, try to solve issues immediately, or create incidents to follow-up. Monitor progress of open tickets
- Incident management and identifying problems for supported Services, mainly in the Electrical Engineering area
- Support and handle standardized requests from engineering
- Participate as technical IT support engineer in running projects within the team
- Investigate and suggest non-standard changes with a limited scope
- Deliver support on IT services based on Windows and Linux
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of solutions
- Perform limited application and infrastructure testing as part of change or escalation management
Bachelor level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or Information Technology.
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is a pre, in particular Electrical Engineering applications, HDL design and/or Technical Computing/Analytics applications.
- Basic understanding and practical experience with:
- Shell scripting
- Linux / Windows OS knowledge.
- MS Office applications.
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Analytical skills
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in the Dutch and English language