€ 4,000 - € 6,200
Over deze vacature
Are you a Senior System Engineer and do you want to be part of a new Point of Care Diagnostics team? Now is the time to respond!
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior System Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The development of system-level solutions
- Generating design proposals for critical building blocks and propose solutions for critical issues in the overall product design or product manufacturing
- Ensuring the mutual consistency and efficiency of the separate components in modular, easy-to-maintain building blocks that meets product specifications
- Working with development engineers in the further design and implementation of the subsystem parts or in solving of critical issues
- The technical coordination and guidance of various development and problem solving projects, including projects by external partners
- Acquiring technical overview in combination with in-depth analysis of critical building blocks and interfaces
- Analysing and connecting large amounts of (experimental) data to optimize designs and find root causes of complex problems
- Advising the project management on technical solutions and on priorities
- Contributing to long-term development roadmap based on system knowledge and a sound understanding of technology and market trends.
Our client is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. They stand with their customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from their innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to them.
Their Point of Care Diagnostics Research & Development team located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven is expanding their business and is looking for new talents to join.
At our client, they value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Their people make them unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates their global team is the inspiration of their common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on their remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. They recognize that taking ownership of their work allows both them and the company to grow. They offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent secondary employment conditions
- 25 holidays + 13 additional days
- 8% holiday payment
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- A MSc or PhD degree in technical engineering (physics, biomedical, mechatronics, electronics).
- At least 5+ (and preferably 10+) years of industrial experience in complex system development and integration or similar multidisciplinary role, preferably in In-Vitro Diagnostics or Medical Device industry.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and if you would like to do develop your career within the healthcare.
- Proven industrial experience with Product Creation Processes (product development) and working according to quality standards for medical device development (ISO 13485; IEC62304), structured working methods (DfSS, Lean, etc.)
- Strong problem solver, familiar with formal methods for root-cause analysis (e.g. DMAIC, 8D, Shainin, TRIZ)
- Strong coordinating and organization capabilities, showing natural technical leadership
- Self-propelling. Able to convince technical professionals and project managers based on solid arguments.
- Strong analytical capabilities, with attention for quality of output
- Able to develop a system-level overview and work cross-boundary with teams in various areas (microfluidics, process technology, mechanics, optics, biological assay, software, electronics, thermal, IVD workflow and usability, robustness & failure analysis).